300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife Is Having A Baby

My wife and I are expecting in the next few weeks. My question is for the dad's out there. How does it affect you on the job?
    Last edited by F.I.S.H.D.O.; 10-27-2009, 02:06 PM.

Just wanted to say congrats!
    Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
    Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

Originally posted by brn2reign View Post
      Just wanted to say congrats!
      Thank you. It will be our first.

Comment

I have to say that it has completely changed my life. Each person is different on how it effects them, so i cant say how it will be for you.

Dont let anyone fool you either, it IS the greatest thing in the world, but some times can be a headache. Dont take that wrong though, I wouldnt give my son up for the world! What I mean is you find yourself worring about things you NEVER had to worry about before, and it can take a bit of a toll.

Prepare for not getting much sleep before and when the baby is born. There will be 5 AM feedings, waking up crying, crying for no reason. Then theres the baby! lol (my wife would kill me if she saw this).

Its all on the kind of person you are. For me it has enhanced my life ten fold.

And like you I have one on the way as well!

Congrats to you and your wife.

I had to edit this to add the On the Job portion you added.

I hadd my son when I was in corrections. I have to say that for the first year you should be VERY careful with how you think. You have to learn to trust the people you leave your child with to take care of them when you are on duty. I had to constantly remind myself to keep my head on a swivle and not let my guard down, mainly due to thinking about my son and what was going on at home. It helps if your wife isnt working, but you will still think about it. Try not tto dwell on it though afer all its not just your wife you need to come home safely to anymore.
        Another thing is when dealing with incidents with children or people who have children I found myself starting to get more indepth and critical of the situations after having a kid. I had to take a step back and discontect my feelings about the situation and remember I was law enforcement, not the judge or executioner. Most people despise these kind of people in general, but being a parent the feeling is hightened.

Keep your head on straight and youll be fine.
        Last edited by M.C.S.D; 10-27-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Congrats!......
          'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Congratulations. You'll be surprised how long you can go on four hours of sleep a night. Take a couple of weeks FMLA time to help the wife and take care of the baby. How does it affect you? Well, if there was some way of knowing it, you would gladly die tomorrow if it meant that your kids could live a long and happy life. I try very hard to avoid reading articles about child abuse/abductions/murder, etc. Stuff like that is now just to close to home and it just makes me sick.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. We should find out tommorow if she will have a Caesarean or natural. She is 8 months and he is still breech. I know it will change me and I cannot wait. I just ask that you pray for us.

Comment

Congrats. There is no love, like the love for your child.
                Do you know what your having?

ps

Those 2 am fights with the misses over nothing, go away about the time the baby sleeps for more than 3 hours.
                Last edited by jcioccke; 10-28-2009, 07:46 AM.
                MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

congrats! prayers sent!

Comment

It will affect you, you'll be loooking for all the overtime you can get. kids are expensive.

Good luck
                    It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by Irishluck31 View Post
                      It will affect you, you'll be loooking for all the overtime you can get.
                      I already do that now! LOL

Comment

We just got back from the doctor...... HE IS NOT BREECH!!!!! The little fella turned in the last two weeks. Keep the prayers coming please!

Comment

Of course he's not. He knows what he's doing, Daddy. Congrats on the baby...now go pamper your wife
                          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Ahhhh a new chitl'in... How nice....

Ummmmm Ya' a religious Man???? Hope so....... Or ya' might's get one like ma' Ma and Pa..... God bless ya's if ya's does.....

Tha' Professor...
                            Originally posted by mookster
                            Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                            Originally posted by CityCopDC
                            I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                            Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                            I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                            -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Prayers sent Brother. My wife is pregnant to and I know how you feel. We had a call last week from the doctor saying that a bloodtest showed a abnormal count and something could be wrong with my son. Spinal Bifida, Downs, Etc.... We went yesterday to the doctor for more tests and turned out the baby is healthy and nothing is wrong. God is with you and your family.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4859 users online. 271 members and 4588 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X