300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers Please

Today I got a call from my dad: my grandmother had a stroke on sunday night, she is unable to communicate. They say she does not have much time left. They are not going to put a feeding tube on her so that means she is only on IV and that does not give her sustenance. I guess the feeding tube is another operation and they don't think it will help anyway, so why put her through that. Anyway my family and I could use the prayers. Thank you in advance.
    Its not the badge, gun, & uniform that makes the cop, its the PERSON behind the badge, gun, & uniform that makes the cop.

Officer August "Augie" Tefts, Westfield MA PD EOW 12/23/05
    He was a great officer and is sadly missed

sigpic

Detective Paul McNulty, Springfield MA PD retired passed away 10/8/07

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

sshadowss,

you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for your ailing grandmother, and for you and for all her family and friends, sshadowss. May God heal and keep her now, and may He grant her comfort and grace and peace, in her final hours in this life. When Jesus comes to claim us, may Our Heavenly Father preserve us all in everlasting life in His House of Many Mansions, where Our Lord has promised to prepare a place for each of us.

Comment

Yup, I believe what Monty said, We all have a purpose in life....

Our prayers,
          Your friends Trigger and tha' Admiral
          Originally posted by mookster
          Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
          Originally posted by CityCopDC
          I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
          Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Hey sshadowss hang in there you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
            sigpic
            Formerly Username k91376
            " They Took the BAR!! The whole F%$#ING BAR! "

Comment

God bless your grandmother and your family, that you all may get through these trials and tribulations. May God be with you and your family, everyday, through thick and thin and through the perilous waters. God Bless and Amen. Psalm 46:1 says God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Trust is the Lord. God Bless.
              "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

I'm sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.
                "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                Not Yet Visited: 16
                Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Prayer sent. May you all find peace.
                  "To know that you know what you know and that you do not know what you do not know; that is true knowledge." - Unknown

Comment

Thank you all for your prayers. When dad called me on Monday he said that she couldn't move or respond in anyway, that if you held her hand she would squeeze but that was a reflex.

Well my sister and I went to see her on Tuesday. My sister had to leave after about 5 minutes but I stayed for a bit longer. While I was there she moved her left hand to her nose to scratch it--twice. And she yawned and used her left hand to cover her mouth, she almost opened her eyes. I thought that was great news, so when the nurse came in I told her.

Then I find out on Wednesday that the Doctor took the IV out in the morning. So she has no sustenance at all. There is supposed to be a meeting with the family and the doctor today. Some say she only has a feew days but I know of some people who were told they only had a month or two to live and that was 2 years ago and they are still around.

I have come to accept the fact that she will be going to be with the Lord, soon. and that it is the best thing for her. HOWEVER I will miss her and I know that some members of my family are not going to do that good when it happens. So please continue to pray for my family and for my grandmother to be with the Lord when she goes. Thank you for your continued support. God Bless.
                    Its not the badge, gun, & uniform that makes the cop, its the PERSON behind the badge, gun, & uniform that makes the cop.

sigpic

Comment

I guess I was wrong. My grandmother is improving. She is now eating pudding, which means she is awake, and laughing at my mom. So your prayers have been working.

THANK YOU!!

but please keep those prayers coming, they are WORKING. God Bless

sigpic

Comment

Great news!
                        Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
                        Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

Originally posted by brn2reign View Post
                          Great news!

+1
                          Religion is flawed, because man is flawed.

Comment

Glad to hear about the improvement!

My family was told that my Grandmother had terminal cancer and would not be able to make it 4 months. Well, that was more than 5 years ago. She declined any treatment to fight the cancer, the following year she went back to the same doctor and had more tests done. There was no sign of cancer at all.

In my mind, that proves that no prayer goes unheard. Your Grandmother is in my thoughts and prayers! Stay strong

Comment

Awesome news!! I wish the same had happened with my grandma.
                              "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                              Not Yet Visited: 16
                              Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3184 users online. 153 members and 3031 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X