Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hankster
    replied
    Hang in there brother. I am going through my second divorce, been separated for over a year. I pay spousal support. It totally changes your life and it really sucks. Been and still am going through many cloudy days. Good point, it does actually get better with time. Keep your head on straight, seek counselling and feel good about yourself. Both my wives left me, blaming my job as the excuse. Think about how much good you are doing out there, and maybe how many marriages you have actually helped to save. Many brothers and sisters have and are experiencing the same feelings you are. I am a cop in Canada, and the feelings are the same as yours. Look after yourself and take care.

Leave a comment:

• needguidance
    replied
    Originally posted by mjcek View Post
    My wife and I separated a few months ago, but last week she left with our son (2 y/o) to go stay at her best friends house in Georgia. I'm in PA. She bought a trailer and everything to haul all her stuff down there. Needless to say it's been a really rough time not having my little guy around (and also the wife, who I still want to be with).

Crappy situation all around.
    Yeah, I do not believe she can get away with that legally. Morally, she should not have taken her boy away from his father.

Leave a comment:

• Chiller
    replied
    cold day in hell before I would have let her leave to GA with your son...F that,not happening. You better talk to a lawyer quick on that one due to dif. state laws on that being allowed

Leave a comment:

• mjcek
    replied
    My wife and I separated a few months ago, but last week she left with our son (2 y/o) to go stay at her best friends house in Georgia. I'm in PA. She bought a trailer and everything to haul all her stuff down there. Needless to say it's been a really rough time not having my little guy around (and also the wife, who I still want to be with).

Crappy situation all around.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by DH2002 View Post
    So my ex called me last night and said her mom died. Never got along great with her (the mother in law) but since my ex and I dont hate each other and still talk what should I send (no way I can make the funeral) Flowers, Card?
    I'd go with just the card DH, got to keep being honest to yourself first and your inlaws don't treat (or didn't) you well and everyone knew it then just express to her that you support her in her loss.

Hallmark has the best cards in the world (like you didn't know that ) and for me I sometimes have to find my own little corner to read them. It'll show her that you are a kind person with real feelings and still can express yourself in a positive way, thru it all.

Leave a comment:

• cutestgirly1
    replied
    It really does get better. I think at first you think about all of the good things you have done together and so on and it is hard to get past that, wondering if you will ever find someone else and so on.
    It is one of the hardest things I have went thru for sure.

Leave a comment:

• adeutch
    replied
    Flowers and a card would be a nice gesture.
    My grandparents divorced and both remarried. Eventually each of their spouses died and they definitely called each other and sent cards and condolences. It set a really good example for me as a kid.

Leave a comment:

• DH2002
    replied
    So my ex called me last night and said her mom died. Never got along great with her (the mother in law) but since my ex and I dont hate each other and still talk what should I send (no way I can make the funeral) Flowers, Card?

Leave a comment:

• Lookingforpants
    replied
    Originally posted by FEDCOPPER74 View Post
    Divorce sucks, but unhappy marriage's suck more.
    Amen to that!

I got divorced almost two years ago.

I guess my situation was a little different. At least for me, on my end of it, my heart was "out of it" long before the divorce ever took place. I thought my [then]boyfriend -- and his lifestyle -- was exactly what I wanted out of life. Oh, how I was wrong! I got smart, and realized what a ****ty situation it was.

We didn't have children, and didn't have many things that we had purchased togther. Therefore, the process was very easy. The judge signed the decree in 2 days (yes, 2 days!)

BUT, I couldn't be happier now!!

Leave a comment:

• WPD954
    replied
    Divorce was the BEST thing that has EVER happened to me....the process sucks tho...lol

Leave a comment:

• LAChief
    replied
    On my third marriage. This one is a "keeper". First marriage last 8 months before I left. Second went a whole 8 years before I left. See where you made the mistake? Key words "I left".
    Yes, hang in there, it will get better. What's that you say? Hell no, there will not be a fourth time!

Leave a comment:

• Rev1
    replied
    Thank you AlphaDawg! I appreciate the compliments!

Leave a comment:

• sharon333
    replied
    Yea that is how I was with my husband. Just got to move on.

Leave a comment:

• NHNSP_ADMIN
    replied
    I'm looking foward to my divorce...as it stands right now. Tell you more after the divorce...lol
    I was too, even though it was a 'bad breakup'
    after 2-3 years you wont even remember who she is

Leave a comment:

• jsbeith
    replied
    I promise it gets better.
    Mine was about 4 years ago.
    Don't "what if" yourself to death (what if I did this differently, or what if she did that differently). it will drive you nuts and doesn't change a thing.

Yes it sucks, and it will suck for a while, but things definitely get better.

Hang in there.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5413 users online. 326 members and 5087 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X