300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce SUCKS!!!

Well its been 5 months since my STBX said she didnt love me anymore and 2 months since I moved out and we decided to divorce and it has been the worst time ever, to make matters worse our anniversary was in Aug so that sucks even more. Please tell me it gets better.
    on the job.....

It gets better, bro. It really does. Hang in there.
    Sworn on September 22, 2010

Comment

Yea, it sucks. Wait til you have to give her half of EVERYTHING! Including spousal support! But hang in there, it's been a little over a year for me, and sometimes it still eats me up inside sometimes, but I found someone new.
      Last edited by az4code23; 09-27-2009, 01:59 PM.
      "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

You're in the process of healing.....things will get better. Look forward..the final chapter is almost over.
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

DH2002,

Been there...done that...got the t-shirt!!!! I agree with az4code23...you WILL be fine! It does take time, and for the first year or so, you feel like you're at fault. You need to forgive your ex, forgive the circumstances, and above all, forgive yourself. Only then will the healing start. I still have my old wedding ring and the bullet I almost wasted on myself as a reminder of what almost was! Now, I am re-married, raising two really great grandkids, and have found (what I think) is the best relationship of my life! It only took me two marriages and 53 years...but someone DID have a plan for me, and I thank Him every day for what I have been blessed with. May sound "sappy"...but it's a truth my brother!
          Codeman

Comment

this is for you DH2002:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiiFTb3p2I0

Good luck!
            Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
            Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

It will get better just like everyone else has said. Takes time.......
              "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
              Not Yet Visited: 16
              Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

It does get better. Trust me. I am at a year now of being seperated and going through the actual divorce now. (MD requires 1 year seperation) It gets much easier once you get past the 6 month mark you'll see. Hang in there.
                sigpic
                Formerly Username k91376
                " They Took the BAR!! The whole F%$#ING BAR! "

Comment

Just remember why divorce is so expensive...

It's worth it!

Hang in there, it gets better in the end!
                  sigpic
                  Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Happily Divorced since 1988

The first couple years were rough...but boy do I enjoy being single now...
                    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Nobody every died from divorce. Well, unless you're the one petitioning for divorce, and your soon-to-be-ex is a psycho blood-thirsty serial killer. Anyway, I almost ended in divorce once. It's a crappy period. But life will go on. Focus on what you have that makes YOU who YOU are. Make yourself happy. The rest will fall into place! Good luck!
                      Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

Been there done that it reallllllllllyyyyyy gets better. First year is the hardest, second year is bliss. Been 5 plus for me and now i've been remarried for 1 year and expecting my first. trust me looking back i wish i had gotton divorce sooner.

Comment

It gets better. You deserve better than to be with someone that doesn't love you. Like others said, it'll be about a year before you'll feel completely better. Once you get away from your ex and get some air you'll feel better.

Keep your head up, take care of yourself and meet new people!

Comment

I myself am still waiting for it to "get better". I am now 5 months into the divorce process and it still eats away at me.

She has since moved back to California and is insistent on dragging this out for as long as possible, just to be spiteful.

It has begun to to ease up a bit, but still a hard pill to swallow.

Good luck brother. Just remember you've got the worlds largest support group at your disposal.
                            I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

Comment

Hang in there. There will come a time when you'll hardly remember this time in your life because your life will be better than it ever was during your marriage.

If you have kids the emotional turmoil will last longer. But eventually they grow up!
                              Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                              Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                              A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3196 users online. 155 members and 3041 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X