Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Mom

Ok.....
    Mom got back from the Doc yesterday, and we talked about it today. Yes, I read the Doctors notes for a reason.....

With the irregular heartbeat, what is happening is that she has like one and a half beats then it a pause between. The doc said kinda like murmur, but its no big deal. The numbness in the leg, well legs go to sleep if you go to sleep sitting up (in the middle of the night on the potty)
    The light headiness is what I have/ Low blood sugar/ which means she has to drink juice or keep little hard candies around for her. Again like me...not bad enough for meds but just watch it.

the IBS- eat more fiber and take lactose pills. (Its easier to take the pills then pick the cheese out of your lasagna) *snorts in laughter with that*

over all she has a good bill of health and she is just getting older.

and think I told her she was irritating enough that she would live to be 125....
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Well I am glad that your mother is doing good and that they have found what all is wrong but be sure to keep a eye on the heart thing and make sure it isnt Wolff Parkinson White syndrom
    Lawdog TCSO
    In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
    well daisy if you do

Comment

Do they know if the heart made her pass out, or the sugar? She did pass out didnt she?

Hopefully it wont happen again and no more falls. good luck

Comment

No she didn't pass out, she fell. Twice. Once it was the leg sleeping thing, and the other they are not sure.
        but yes we are keeping an eye on her heart.
        ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
        Oscar Wilde

Comment

Hi texaschickee,

I'm sorry your Mom isn't as well as she might be. I hope she gets better soon. The infirmities we all suffer in life can be very tough on everyone concerned, especially when it comes to especially beloved persons.

Has she had a glucose tolerance test? Might she be diabetic or hypoglycemic? Is she lactose intolerant, or does she rather have a sufficiency of lactase secretion? Has every phase of her citric acid cycle been checked? Does she respond differently to glucose compared to other saccharides? Is the cardiac arrhythmia associated with another cardiac condition, such as e.g. mitral valve prolapse, a prior myocardial infarction, or a nervous system condition? Has her circulatory system been checked for arterial or venous blockages or sclerosis? If she is taking a statin-type cholesterol-production blocker, is she taking a coenzyme Q10 supplement? Is her respiratory system OK? Those are a few things to look at.

It's in my opinion important to consider her comfort as well as her longevity.

None of us lasts forever. For my own part, if I knew myself to be near the end of this life, I'd rather spend a year in relative comfort than a year and a half in misery. Of course I can speak on that matter only for myself.

I hope for a long and pleasant autumn and winter of her life for your Mom.

Regards, and Best Wishes,

Monty

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
            No she didn't pass out, she fell. Twice. Once it was the leg sleeping thing, and the other they are not sure.
            but yes we are keeping an eye on her heart.
            Oh OK. That's better that she didnt pass out. I hope no more falls though, either.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2811 users online. 156 members and 2655 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X