300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnancy dietary "errands" or "duties"

A neighbor lady is four months pregnant. The other day she drove 27 miles out of her way, (54 miles round trip) for a "special" cheeseburger. No sooner did her husband arrive home than she had him drive 12 miles out of the way (24 miles r/t) to obtain a "special" deli sandwich.

It brought back memories of Mrs. M's first pregnancy. I had as nightly duty of creating chocolate, ice cream shakes with peanut butter mixed in. Thankfully, there were no long-distance drives to obtain "special" foods.

Any women want to cop out to their (now blessed with hindsight) goofy "special" food needs during pregnancy.

And guys, anyone want to share about bizzare food errands they had to do during those days?
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Kiwi fruit.

I couldn't get enough of it.

THankfully, they were (and still are) 4 for a $1. I would stand there in the fruit and veggies section and just eat them...skin and all. I would put the little stickers on the back of my hand so I'd know how many to pay for. They knew me so well, they got to were they'd bring me a chair to sit on while I ate. This isn't a restaurant, it's a grocery store.

I had ulcers in my mouth from the acidity in the kiwi fruit.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I have always heard what Mama craves the most when pregnant is what her kid grows up loving. Had a coworker that would eat avocados peeled, pitted, then just as much as she could. thing is she never liked it that much beforre-
      her son Luke- does the same thing to this day and he is now almost as old as I am. (She had pics of her self with green tongue, lips, fingers)

man that had to be hard.
      Smurfette- I love Kiwi but not that much. (does Matthew like them?)
      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
      Oscar Wilde

Comment

my wife (6 months) has been great. She doesn't have any cravings, nor did she with my first kiddo 3 years ago. She does nest heavily though, or at least makes me clean everything in our house repeatedly.

Comment

He'll eat them, but neither of us reach for them automatically...LOL

I didn't eat another one for years after having him!!
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Charlie: Steak. Sundays, Tumbleweed had (and I think they still do) all you can eat steak, baked potatoe, and bread for $14.99. When I was working, I would call hubby to bring me a steak to my post. Charlie is definitely carnivorous.

Bethany: Bacon. Lots and lots and lots of bacon. I could not get enough. Funny thing is Bethany has more of a vegetarian leaning. She loves lentils and beans.

Hannah: I don't remember. I do know that it was during my pregnancy with her that we started the whole farming thing. We started with the chickens two years ago this month and the goats two years ago come November.

I just looked. September 15 was when we got our first chickens. November 6 was when we got our first goats.

Maybe farming was the pregnancy craving????
            http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

my better half is 5 months now with #2. Tonight it's chewy chips ahoy and papa murphys hawiian pizza.....at least it's something I like Couple nights ago she informed me that I had to take her to the mongolian resturant.

First kid it was dill pickles and peanut butter sandwiches. My biggest "irk" about her cravings is a lot of times something will sound good to her until she takes a couple bites. Then she doesn't want anymore, and typical me who was raised that you never let food go to waste ends up eating it all. This sympathy weight gain is driving me nuts
              He who laughs last.......thinks slowest

Comment

Hot, pickled carrots.
                Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

just be glad you/they/whoever doesn't suffer from pica! -- women who crave non-food substances....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)

Comment

http://kidshealth.org/parent/emotion...vior/pica.html

I deal with this with Bethany. She is an oral sensory seeker. The doctor said to keep an eye on her as she gets older because she is the type of child who grows up to become a smoker.

She chews erasers off pencils. She sucks on rocks. She chews buttons. She's put my finger in her mouth to suck on. (But she won't suck her own fingers.) I worry more about her (at the age of 3) putting things in her mouth than I do Hannah who is 20 months.

Ok. Back on topic. Maybe she's like this because I ate a lot of bacon?

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
                      Hot, pickled carrots.
                      I have never heard of that. Any good when you're not pregnant?

Comment

A friend of mine's sister would eat chocolate cake and green olives... together.
                        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                        and I'm not sure about the former.
                        -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

I had to have

Subway every night. Turkey cheese lettuce ranch and lots of black olives. I also craved chipolte the big burrito. Watermelon and I could smell oranges and french fries from a mile away. Everything smelt like subway to me. Oh and don't forget fried pickles only from hoffbraus with ranch. My poor ex husband got tired of eating this all the time.
                          Don't expect other people to make you happy, Happiness is your responsibility.

Comment

One of my wife's pregnancy it was eggs, eggs, and eggs. It didn't matter how they were prepared; fried, scrambled, boiled, poached, she like them all.
                            Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
                              I have never heard of that. Any good when you're not pregnant?
                              Oh yeah!

Ingredients:

2 lbs large carrots, peeled and bias sliced into 1/4 inch thick pieces
                              5 cloves garlic peeled and diced
                              1 1/2 cups vinegar
                              1 1/2 cups water
                              10 bay leaves, whole
                              8 peppercorns
                              1 teaspoon salt
                              6 oz. pickled jalapenos

Preparation:

Heat oil in a large saucepan and saute the garlic. Add in carrots and saute for 2-3 minutes. Carefully add in vinegar, peppercorns, salt, and and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes and then add water and jalapenos and bring to a simmer again for another 10 minutes.

Let it cool completely and then transfer the carrots and cooking liquid into a covered container and refrigerate overnight. Store the carrots in the liquid and use a slotted spoon to serve them. You may leave the bay leaves in the liquid to add to the flavor, but do not eat them. Always remove the bay leaves before you eat the carrots.
                              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5620 users online. 344 members and 5276 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X