300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little dating help

OK, since we are now up to page 28 in the on line dating thread....

I start this one. But this one is a little different.

Heres my story:

I am about to be 38 in November.
    I have never lived with, or been engaged to anyone. My longest LTR has been about 4.5 years. I have been in two of these.

I do NOT have a clock that is ticking loudly. I could do with or with out kids. Its really his call- I don't care one way or the other. My mother however-

OK, so My Sister-in law is asking me have I ever tried on line dating. NOPE.
    I'm really not trying that hard to get hitched. When it happens it happens, I really am not beating the ......pavement.(notice I said WHEN not IF)

I have been dared to sign for eharmony.
    You guys (and I say this with a straight face) be nice.
    when this poll closes I ill make a decision from there.
    and anyone that any other input feel free. (again BE NICE)
    YES!!!!!!!!!!! nothing to lose.
    70.91%
    HELL NO- losers only
    10.91%
    TC- I'd date ya!!!!
    14.55%
    TC- you need to stay single :( :(
    3.64%

The poll is expired.

‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

(A) the poll does not give the names out after you vote
    (B) My animals are a package deal. Just remember that.
    (C) No losers need apply.
    Oscar Wilde

Comment

So you're contemplating signing up for eharmony.com but chose rather to pick from O.com members?

Oh jeeze...........................................th is is gonna be fun.
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

no- not going after o.com people
        just input. is it good, bad...give me an idea.
        there are a couple I MIGHT date from here but I am not naming names.
        Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
          Ahh geeee, TC..... you're makin' me blush.
          1*

Comment

Sorry hon. Fat guys like me don't deal with the heat very well. You just might have to come up here. But your animals would be welcomed.

I've done the online dating thing before. I've met some really cool people, and had some really fun times. I see it as just one more way to meet people. It's still up to you to decide whether or not they're "dating material"

Comment

You have gone far enough you don't need to make babies now. You might hook up with a single parent widowed father if so inclined to help an existing child.

As for online dating, if I were doing it, I would right off the bat make it clear exactly what I am like, what I am looking for, what any deal breakers would be and that I am too old to comprimise, like it or leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
                Ahh geeee, TC..... you're makin' me blush.
                Stole the words right out of my mouth there, Chit.

TC, I did the hotornot.com thing a while back. I met my first girlfriend over that site and for us, it worked out for about 6 months. The whole "you're not guaranteed a person that lives close to you" thing really sucked. 3.5 hours eventually made it crumble.

Would I do it again? If I were single...

If you want to do it, do it. If you don't like it, you can always stop... that's the way I see it.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi texaschickeee,

Please be careful about giving personal information online. I suggest that if you meet someone online, and arrange a personal meeting, you should set the location for someplace populated, like a mall, and ask in advance for the person to bring along some things by which you can verify what he's told you. If he's a decent guy, he should understand that and not take offense at it. Even when I disagree with you, which I usually don't, or when I as in another thread get ticked off at you, I still respect and appreciate you. I hope you and another nice person get to find each other somehow.

Regards,

Monty

Comment

*Scott combs his hair and straightens his tie...... *

Comment

I'd date you.

If I swung that way. And wasn't Christian. And was single. And didn't have children. And lived in Texas (or you lived in Indiana.) And didn't have the whole farm thing happening. And wasn't involved with my home business. And wasn't trying to start a food co-op.
                      http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Gee Tex, why didn't you just PM me?

Girl, I'd save ya the hassle and grab ya up if I wasn't a grouchy, old, grumpy, retired cop; married to a tazer and wheel-gun packin' schoolteacher who can shoot the fuzz off a nat's butt at 50 yards!

Go for it! If they'd had that service in my dating years, I'd of taken full advantage of it - and saved DOZENS of miserable evenings and thousands of dollars - on dates from hell!

Do it!
                        Last edited by officerdotcomm; 09-13-2008, 12:37 PM. Reason: correcting language; don't do it again.
                        The All New
                        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

YES, i absolutely would. You know i've been doing it for a while.

I personally feel like you have to weed thru tons of losers, and/or tons of guys that just arent the right one (even if you think they might be at first), before you meet someone great.

Just remember, IMO EHarmony is for really serious relationships. If that's what you want, then sign up for that. I feel like most of the men there are looking for wives. Again, that's great. I'm just letting you know that i think that sight is for marriage.

I have said before that i would be all for setting up a thread in this area that's a dating thread for O.com'ers too. People would just have to set up profiles... either here or somewhere where we could get to them. And they'd have to be willing to share pics, at least by email.

I would avoid PlentyofFish.com. It's free... but - ya get what you pay for!
                          I'm on AgeMatch, but it's for age-gap relationships. There is also Match.com, Yahoo personals (meat market, if you ask me), SinglesNet, and Chemistry.com - to name a few.

good luck!!

Comment

Texas,

It sounds like you really want to find a companion. Give it a shot, what the hell. If you are ready for a serious relationship or even if you aren't as long as you are upfront about what you are looking for then it will be easier to find it.
                            At 38 you have had enough of the BS games.

Best of Luck!

Comment

i would for it. i met my husband on hotornot.com. like others have said just be really careful about meeting people. also there are other sites out there, eharmony tends to reject a lot of people. not saying you are going to be rejected but just know there are plenty of other sites out there. good luck!
                              This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5728 users online. 296 members and 5432 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X