300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The power of a hug

Ok today was one of those “what the crap” days I had a departure from my normal duties, ordinarily I do not wear all the bat gear but today I had to do a few things on duty that required me to move my fat *** away from the desk and actually work. I put my vest on and the damn shoulder strap snapped, it is a darn new vest, so I get the other carrier out, change things over and was good to go, get the bat belt out, put it on the damn thing shrunk, I swear to god it did. As I was fixing the problem I somehow managed to break the strap on my mag pouch (note if it is Galls brand throw it out) I once again resort to my backup stuff, and fix the issue. I am all set to go just have to print a few documents off, nothing nada printer not working, after kicking the thing a few times and saying the magic words **** ***, it worked. So off I go get into the van (shut up real cops drive vans at least that’s what I keep telling myself) back out of the parking spot, BAM back straight into the dumpster, get out walk back inside tell the boss, we go back outside look things over he tells me get going fill out the paperwork when you get back, I don’t want you to be late for this mission. So get to where I need to be, get moving inside I know I am a bit late but hopeful I can just slip into the back door of the room, just as I get in the door and think whew made it I get that feeling that everyone is staring at just me, I froze for a second I was caught I knew there was no way to hide now, nope my little girl was screaming at the top of her lungs DADDY, DADDY, DADDY it was great. I then walked to the front of the room introduced myself and talked to the class, and received a huge hug from my girl, she looked at me told me “I thought you were not going to be here” had to tell her nothing was going to stop me, was not going to miss this for the world.
    So here I sit trying to write my statement on accidental damage to a vehicle, and fill out some other forms so I can get a new vest carrier and ammo pouch, funny how one hug can make a crap day into a great day.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

I had "Mrs. M." read your post.

She loved it.

I'm all man and....I loved it, too. Shhhhhh!
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

That is a awesome story!!!!
      All is 10-61 here you can show me 10-8!

Comment

That's very sweet.
        Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

That is soooooooooo cute!
          "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
          Not Yet Visited: 16
          Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Yes that day was screwed up from the second I woke up to when I finally got to bed. But that little girl my princess has the ability to make my bad days go away ever since she was born she knows somehow how to make it all better, from her funny faces to the way she sits on my lap telling me Shh just relax. I guess I am fortunate all my kids have a special gift like that…… yah I am bless with the world’s greatest kids, that’s why there was no way in the world I was missing that event, they give so much to me, that doing this stuff is the least I can do for them.
            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
              Yes that day was screwed up from the second I woke up to when I finally got to bed. But that little girl my princess has the ability to make my bad days go away ever since she was born she knows somehow how to make it all better, from her funny faces to the way she sits on my lap telling me Shh just relax. I guess I am fortunate all my kids have a special gift like that…… yah I am bless with the world’s greatest kids, that’s why there was no way in the world I was missing that event, they give so much to me, that doing this stuff is the least I can do for them.
              Kids have a way of doing that! I can have a crazy bad day at the jail get into it with my ex husband on the way home and then get into with my roommate and my 4 year old will say the darndest thing to make me laugh. If it wasn't for her I wouldnt have gone through my divorce emotionally. She has made it easier. Children are certainly a blessing from God.
              Don't expect other people to make you happy, Happiness is your responsibility.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6296 users online. 355 members and 5941 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X