300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's gone

Her hair is gone. All of her curls are gone. Bethany got herself a haircut thanks to her 6 year old brother. This happened last night and I am still annoyed when I see her hair. Or lack there of.

They are both grounded for the rest of their lives. Or until her hair grows back. Which ever comes second.

In other news, I also had to have the "pee-pee" talk with her again.

"Bethany, your pee-pee is private. You don't go around showing other people your pee-pee. You don't ask to see other people's pee-pee. You keep your pee-pee covered. Ok?"

"Ok."

This conversation took place while she was naked.
    http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

You said in another thread that Bethany is only 3 years old. Many children do not self-develop a sense of personal privacy until 2 or more years later. It is important to in efforts to instill one in them earlier not impart to them a lifetime guilt-trip about having a body. Gregarious 3 year-olds who are aware that some parts of the human body are of such interest that they are required to be hidden are apt to be exhibitionistic and inquisitive about them. As for the 6-year-old cutting his sister's hair, that seems to me out of bounds, but probably not malicious.

Comment

If there is mischief to find, my children will find it. Bethany is the type of child that needs explicit directions.

"Go potty." She will stand there and pee.
      "Go in the bathroom and go potty." She will go in the bathroom and stand there and pee."
      "Go in the bathroom, pull down your underwear and tights, sit on the potty and pee." She will do that.

In trouble at church, I sat her in the chair and told her "Don't leave the chair." She got off the chair and moved it around. She never left it.

Talking and not eating one night. "Bethany, put some food in your mouth." (This child never stops talking.) She picks up a fork full of food, puts it in her mouth, takes it out of her mouth, puts the fork full of food down, and continues talking.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Sounds like they own you.

Comment

Mrs. Hoppes,

Based on your description of the antics, I love this kid. I was kind of a handful too. I think the literalism is a form of exploration. It seems she's being minimalistic in interpretation of your words insofar as they mean curtailments of her freedom, but is not outright defying your authority. I'll bet she interprets permissions quite liberally. It seems to me from what you've said about her that she's a very bright kid. Even so, for her to infer the general principles implicit in your instructions and apply them to different specifics, at the expense of not doing what she wants, may be a bit much to hope for at her age.

Regards,

Monty
          Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 08-12-2008, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I'm beginning to laugh about it now. And yes, Bethany is too smart for her own good. On that note, I need to go take care of my other daughter. Hannah is trying to climb the book case. (It is in the wall so no tip hazard.)

I used to be sane. Then I had children.

Comment

Mrs. Hoppes,

My son was playing his first year of t-ball. He absolutely despised to be tagged out...as they all want to run around the bases. Well, my tater tot is austistic and very very literal. They told them that if they were on the base they couldn't be tagged out. My son, finally tired of being tagged out, picked up second base and ran to third with it.

The next time, he ran straight from first, over the pitchers mound to third. Child just didn't like second base, therefore he avoided it.
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

laughing

I can't help but laugh at this story. Like I said in the other thread I have a girl that just turned 4. Shes is a riot. My roommate came out and said hows it going picasso. I said what are you talking about. She said somone drew on the toliet with a pen. So I ask my daughter landrie did she draw on the toliet. Of course she said no. I asked her again did you draw on the toliet. She again said no. "So if I get up and go in the bathroom i won't see anything?" "no mama no mama dont' go in the bathroom," So i go in the bathroom theres writing all over the toliet. So i sent her to her room. Well shes cring i haven't even spanked her and she says she has to go potty so i let her go in the other bathroom i turn around and theres writing all of the door. then she flushes the potty puts the lid down and theres writing all over that. So I put her in her room give her a good yelling at then i shut her door she had writing all over it. So i told her to come here I spanked her for each location and then i get back to her room and theres writing next to her door. She got a spanking for that one too. The next day I got a mr. clean dry eraser and had her clean it off with me. Just to say she hasn't used an ink pen on the walls since.
                Don't expect other people to make you happy, Happiness is your responsibility.

Comment

When I was 4 my older brother was 6 and my immediate younger brother was 3. My parents had taught me to read, and I had been teaching my 3-year-old brother. One day he scribbled and drew, with crayons, all over the wall of our bedroom. I expressed great concern to him that he would get in big trouble with Mom & Dad. He gave a "no problem" smile and wrote in large letters on the wall "bobe dib it", thus prospectively shifting the blame to my older brother, then known as Bobby. He was quite crestfallen when he found that Dad wasn't fooled. Oh, and I got a backside swat too, on general priciples. Mom and the two of us got to clean it up.
                  Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 08-13-2008, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Last edited by FowlFriend; 03-17-2009, 12:51 PM.
                    Life is like a bullet shot out of a gun, it goes quick and you can't take it back....so make sure your aim is good.

Comment

Well, the little stinker came up to me saying "I love you, Mommy Angel."

For coloring on walls, our basement is completely finished and is basically a huge play room with an office and sewing room. The play room is done in splatter paint and they are allowed to color on those walls to their hearts' content. It makes other children very happy and very excited to come over because they get to color on walls here as well.

Then they go home, color on the walls at home and I get phone calls from people saying "You know what my child did when we got home?"

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                        Mrs. Hoppes,

My son was playing his first year of t-ball. He absolutely despised to be tagged out...as they all want to run around the bases. Well, my tater tot is austistic and very very literal. They told them that if they were on the base they couldn't be tagged out. My son, finally tired of being tagged out, picked up second base and ran to third with it.

The next time, he ran straight from first, over the pitchers mound to third. Child just didn't like second base, therefore he avoided it.
                        Smurf, that's absolutely priceless!!

Comment

I'll never forget when my oldest son was 3 years old, I had been in the back yard hosing down my patio. I put away the hose and went inside to get ready for work. My son took the hose, turned it on full blast and brought it into the kitchen to hose down our brand new hardwood floors in the kitchen, entry and living room.

When I came out and saw the gazillion gallons of water in the house and my son hosing everything in sight I almost had a heart attack.

I never let him near a hose until he was 18.
                          Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
                            If there is mischief to find, my children will find it. Bethany is the type of child that needs explicit directions.

"Go potty." She will stand there and pee.
                            "Go in the bathroom and go potty." She will go in the bathroom and stand there and pee."
                            "Go in the bathroom, pull down your underwear and tights, sit on the potty and pee." She will do that.

In trouble at church, I sat her in the chair and told her "Don't leave the chair." She got off the chair and moved it around. She never left it.

Talking and not eating one night. "Bethany, put some food in your mouth." (This child never stops talking.) She picks up a fork full of food, puts it in her mouth, takes it out of her mouth, puts the fork full of food down, and continues talking.
                            That is just too funny!!!!
                            Ever hear the saying..Too smart for their own good? it does fit!
                            ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                            Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
                              I'll never forget when my oldest son was 3 years old, I had been in the back yard hosing down my patio. I put away the hose and went inside to get ready for work. My son took the hose, turned it on full blast and brought it into the kitchen to hose down our brand new hardwood floors in the kitchen, entry and living room.

When I came out and saw the gazillion gallons of water in the house and my son hosing everything in sight I almost had a heart attack.

I never let him near a hose until he was 18.

I would die. Then, I would strangle him. Then I would make him clean everything up. Then I would ground him for the rest of his life. He would never be allowed out of his room ever again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3200 users online. 152 members and 3048 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X