300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dashboard lights

I wanted to ask this question before I even think of installing them. I have a set of those little minibar dashboard lights. They have a switch that you plug into the cigarette lighter. They came with different colored lenses such as red, blue, white, amber, and green. I bought it as kind of a show-off type thing to show my car off in my driveway. I live in Wisconsin. Are they illegal just to have it installed on your dash even if you're not using it? And what color lenses are strictly illegal?

Thank you for your time in advance.

Red and/or blue lights may get you arrested, whether or not the lights are on or even plugged in.

Yellow or green should be ok, only if used on private property.

Comment

I know here, it's frowned upon for civilians to have any color other than amber.

Even the Vollie FFs here are not allowed to have personal lights on their vehicles. When I was surveying, I used my Jeep as a work vehicle, so I had a "cheapy" eBay special amber/clear combo LED light mounted to my dash.

I also used my Cavalier, also, as a work vehicle, and had an amber teardrop light mounted magnetically on the roof. That's acceptable, but other than that, it's asking for trouble.

Now, if you're just using it for show, why not just magnetically or velcro display it? That way you can remove the lights before you drive the car.
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
        I know here, it's frowned upon for civilians to have any color other than amber.

Even the Vollie FFs here are not allowed to have personal lights on their vehicles. When I was surveying, I used my Jeep as a work vehicle, so I had a "cheapy" eBay special amber/clear combo LED light mounted to my dash.

I also used my Cavalier, also, as a work vehicle, and had an amber teardrop light mounted magnetically on the roof. That's acceptable, but other than that, it's asking for trouble.

Now, if you're just using it for show, why not just magnetically or velcro display it? That way you can remove the lights before you drive the car.

Great idea! Thanks for the input.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6378 users online. 352 members and 6026 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X