300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thin Blue Line Sticker

A moron I work with has gotten a hold of one of those black stickers with the line running through it. He used to work as a cook in Louisiana and knew a few cops there who used to hang out at the restaurant. When he gets pulled over, he tells them that officer so and so in Lake Charles Parish is his brother. He's supposed gotten out of 3 tix with that line.

Is he as full of it as I think he is?

If someone has that sticker that is not a commissioned LEO, I tell them to remove it; and they normally don't get out of the citation.
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Thanks, that's what I thought. This guy has all sorts of ridiculous stories.

One of the other people I work with won't put that sticker on her car even though her father, brother and uncle are all LEOs. So, I figured it was something like that.

Comment

Those stickers now a days are just people trying to look like police so they wont get pulled over. If they have the sticker and not the police woohoo makes my day to ticket them.
        Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

I treat a car with the sticker just like one without it. I figure most do the same.
          I miss you, Dave.
          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

"Sign here sir...press hard, you're making four copies..."
            MAC

Comment

Those stickers are everywhere in my area. I just suppose that if I don't see one on a car, then that guy must be a cop because no officer worth his weight would have one on their car these days. They don't mean jack sh*t. I just laugh when I see them. Some turds even put like 4 or 5 on their car. I mean, just look at the people who have those stickers. If they are leo's, they sure would be an excellent resource in vice or narcotics.

Comment

I must disagree. About 10 of the officers at my department (myself included) proudly display the Thin Blue Line sticker on our personal cars.

Comment

I've found (at least around here where we don't have front tags) that the cops will get the blue line vanity plate for the front of their car, and only the ones that don't think they will get pulled over will get the stickers for the back. If I see someone with a blue line sticker I'm probably more likely to pull him over than if he doesn't have one (for things like 10 over in a 45, no turn signal, things of that sort).

Comment

Plus they cover the paint ding on the back bumper you're too cheap to fix.
                    Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                    Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

I go ahead and put them in the book. If their brother is Officer So and So from whatever agency he'll know how to get ahold of me if he thinks his brother could use a little help.
                      State Trooper, South Carolina Highway Patrol and proud of it buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineSqueeze View Post
                        I must disagree. About 10 of the officers at my department (myself included) proudly display the Thin Blue Line sticker on our personal cars.

I guess it comes down to different states. Like I said, in Maryland, I see them constantly and I know that atleast half of them are not leo's, if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Eight
                          You ask them to remove it or you tell them to remove it? They are breaking no law by having a sticker on their vehicle that I can tell.
                          I believe in this forum you can read but not talk. He responded with his opinion. And I don't blame him either.
                          Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

I dont look for that sticker. I look for the union sticker. They are hard to get if your not a LEO in a union.

Comment

Unless the driver can show me a badge and ID, no sticker will get anyone any love. They are a dime a dozen, even see them on eBay. If they really have an LEO in the family, I tell them to have their dad, brother, son, etc give me a call - if they are the real deal, they will be able to get a hold of me.

Where I work you would be a fool to ID your car as an off duty LEO. I can just see my wife taking my car to the store or out for a drive and some parolee thinks - hey, a cop (or cop's wife, daughter, etc). I can protect myself, but I don't want to put anyone else in danger. Also I don't want my car to be keyed in a parking lot. Out here firefighters have a special state issued plate they can get with a "backdraft" firefighter graphic. But EVERYONE loves a firefighter, so they can flaunt it. In this case, only a firefighter can get these plates, so thats way better than a sticker and I don't cite firefighters, so I won't even make the stop (unless he ran over an old lady in a wheelchair, etc).

I would never have a special plate or sticker that ID's me, just too many folks out there with a chip on their shoulder.

Originally posted by Buck Eight
                              The forum is "ask a cop" right? I am asking a cop if he can legally require a citizen to remove a thin blue line sticker. I am not portraying myself as a cop answering a question. So, I feel that my question is in the right forum.
                              I do not think any cop has the right to ask anyone to remove a sticker from their vehicle, unless it is blocking the clear view out a window (safety hazard) or if the sticker is the property of the agency. A cop may strongly suggest a sticker's removal and get voluntary compliance, but if the driver/owner says "no", then thats that. If it's someone on parole or probation, a call to the P.O. may be in order, but still not a violation of any law I know...
                              Last edited by andy5746; 12-16-2007, 02:22 PM.
                              LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4089 users online. 264 members and 3825 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X