Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the fastest speed I have ever "caught" was 115 and DUI (.20), for those of you in NoVa, Rt. 28 Northbound at the Air N Space Museum Pkwy. @ 0130.

The fastest I have personally seen was what we call the "Elusive Biker", There is a man on a dark black "crotch rocket" who removes or covers up his rear tag. he travels on Rt. 267 " Dulles Toll road". The Troopers, Fairfax and us have gone after him several times, no luck, too fast. I was sitting in a one direction only spot when I heard him go buy, shot him with the laser and got 130. I didn't stand a chance, I just called ahead of me and no luck there, they were working an accident. He probaby got off at the split.

Now the fastest speed recorded by my department was on Rt. 267 Westbound at Fairfax County Pkwy. My collegue got a man 142 in a 55. Took him until Rt. 606 WB to catch him! Of course by that time he was doing the speed limit. He got a year in jail, suspension of his driver's license for 3 years.
    Last edited by IAD50; 12-12-2007, 12:11 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Originally posted by IAD50 View Post
      Now the fastest speed recorded by my department was on Rt. 267 Westbound at Fairfax County Pkwy. My collegue got a man 142 in a 55. Took him until Rt. 606 WB to catch him! Of course by that time he was doing the speed limit. He got a year in jail, suspension of his driver's license for 3 years.
      1 year in jail?! that is one hell of a deterrent. if you don't mind my asking, what were his charges and was he convicted on all of them?

i see you're in virginia. my friend got a 800$ fine for doing 70 in a 55 and throwing his cigerette out the window.
      so i take it he got a year because your state is so strict?
      Originally posted by DEPO
      I'm just wondering hypothetically how much heroin could someone fit in a normal pocket.

Comment

Well the fastest speed I have ever "caught" was 115 and DUI (.20), for those of you in NoVa, Rt. 28 Northbound at the Air N Space Museum Pkwy. @ 0130.

That's pretty fast for Route 28. Most of the time you go through there, it resembles a parking lot.

Oddly, I noticed that parts of that road that used to be 55 mph are now 45 mph (southern part of Fairfax County, near the Prince William line). Still, though, Fairfax cops are very crafty at catching southbound speeders as they go under the US 29 overpass. There is a great spot on the right-hand side where they can sit and run lidar. Watch yourself over there!

There was a nice crash up there on Monday morning where someone hit the jersey wall on the southbound side -- which caused miles of rubbernecking on the northbound side. Aarrgghh!!

The fastest I have personally seen was what we call the "Elusive Biker", There is a man on a dark black "crotch rocket" who removes or covers up his rear tag. he travels on Rt. 267 " Dulles Toll road". The Troopers, Fairfax and us have gone after him several times, no luck, too fast. I was sitting in a one direction only spot when I heard him go buy, shot him with the laser and got 130. I didn't stand a chance, I just called ahead of me and no luck there, they were working an accident. He probaby got off at the split.

On the toll road? Did he stop and pay the fare?

Don't worry, though, since he'll end up being an organ donor eventually.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Do you know what kind of car was going 142 on the toll road? and when you say the department do you mean the whole county,because that doesn't seem that fast with all the supercars we have around here like in Great Falls,Mclean Etc..lol

Comment

Dutch, he DID stop and pay!! That's how the Officer was able to get a really good ID on him. He was actually driving a Motorcycle. I am not sure what type, I will have to dig around tonight in the reports system and check.

Dutch, also, the 115 on Rt. 28 was way early in the morning in the middle of summer. Not much traffic like there is during rush hour.(God I hate rush hour).

I did hear from VSP about some guy doing 150 around here. Do you guys know anything about that one??

Comment

Highest Speed 124/55. -Brand new Firebird. Had less than 300 miles on it, and he wanted to see how fast it would go.

Most over limit 107/35. 18yoa in a rental car. He also wanted to see how fast it would go.

Kind of my unwritten rule is if you hit 100mph, you are going to jail. (Reckless Driving) I have taken people to jail for much lower speeds, depending on traffic and other conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by APDSgt View Post
                Highest Speed 124/55. -Brand new Firebird. Had less than 300 miles on it, and he wanted to see how fast it would go.

Most over limit 107/35. 18yoa in a rental car. He also wanted to see how fast it would go.

Kind of my unwritten rule is if you hit 100mph, you are going to jail. (Reckless Driving) I have taken people to jail for much lower speeds, depending on traffic and other conditions.
                Heheheh nice! Fastest ever for me was a dude on a GSXR1000, northbound in the 3rd street tunnel. Zoomed past at 173. How did we catch him? Well first of all, nothing is faster than the radio. He cracked up on New York ave. He went to the hospital for a week, then he went to jail....

Comment

Fastest for me was on night shift, checked a silver camaro at 81-65, hit blues turned and he took off. My car was brand new so I hit 130(max i could get out of it) and he disappeared into the night. I radioed the city police, they spotted the camaro as it entered the city limit. A city unit then checked him at 150-40, and he crashed it in the next curve.
                  What was funny is he recognized me when I ran up to the car to arrest him. I had just arrested him for running, three weeks prior.
                  His exact words when he saw me "Youve got to be kidding me" :0

Comment

140mph in a pursuit...104 mph stationary radar...

The 140mph was a Acura and the 104mph a honda. The pursuit was a Robbery suspect I found 2 minutes after the robbery. The stationary was in a 65 mph zone and the vehicle was being operated by an unlicensed driver.

I discontinued the pursuit when he blew threw a busy intersection at 120 miles per hour while facing a red light and getting relatively close to a school zone. Fortunetly up to that point roadway was clear of traffic. We got him the next day.

A funny sidenote to that pursuit was the local CHiPies were at our local high school with all available units and thier bird on the other side of town doing a drunk driving presentation...By the time the other counties CHiPies were en route we discontinued.

Comment

131 mph in a 55. (Back in '96 before the speed limit was raised to 70) Chevrolet Camaro. Driver kept going and took the next exit, then drove into a field behind a barn out in the middle of nowhere. Driver and all four passengers bailed and ran on foot. I couldn't see them in the dark, but I could hear them out there talking and trying to decide what to do. My "plan of action"? I stood by my car and yelled, "You all better get your (bleep) back up here! Believe it or not, two of them came back, one of which was the driver, who was DWI.

Comment

Got my first over 100 last month. He was in a 90-something Honda Accord and I paced him at 105... he was pulling away from me at that speed, but that was the last speed I saw on the speedo, so that's what he got pinched for. Well, in addition to all the rest of the stuff I pinched him for.
                        There's a man goin' 'round takin' names,
                        And he decides who to free and who to blame.
                        Everybody won't be treated all the same,
                        There'll be a golden ladder reachin' down.
                        When the man comes around.

Comment

112 in a 55 on a rural country road. 19 year old female driving an 06 Nissan Sentra. She passed an 18 wheeler and about 8 cars behind it.

I caught her too.

She musta asked me 5 times why she was being arrested...

Comment

at least over 100 this past week. I last got him at 95 but i know he was faster then that before he relized i was pulling up behind him. First time i have got to 130. that was the point he stopped pulling away from me, he was down to 95 when i was able to get it pegged down. The kicker is that he was in a Chev Cobalt that he was test driving for the night. I was friggen amazed when i realized what car it was. HE wasn't bothered about the reckless driving charge, but he was pretty mad when i informed him that his traffic warrant was a no bond and cost a couple thousand.

well he was kinda mad, but only because i towed his dealership car...
                            Last edited by RedRaider911; 01-09-2008, 11:35 PM. Reason: extra goodies.
                            The Republicans need to shrug off this Christian Coalition noose it has placed around its own neck and recognize the fact that, though they may not realize it, the majority of Americans are actually quite libertarian in their philosophy. They also need to learn to fight once in a while. What a bunch of wimps.
                            -Neal Boortz

Comment

Paced a GSX600 at 150 in 70 (w/ Camaro of course). Broke it off and Gixxer rear ended a Jeep At 140mph. No, he didn't survive.

Comment

My first ride-along was almost over around 3 or 4 a.m. and the cop I was with said, "why don't you see if you can hit that one coming over the hill" (referring to the laser). I hit the guy at 127 and when I yelled it out he grabbed another gun and hit him at 128. By the time we turned on the lights and started to pull onto the highway (about 1/2 a second), the car had passed us and started to get off at the next exit. We thought he was running but luckily he stopped, ride-alongs can't be in high speed chases. He was going to be late for work and lose his job, which I am sure he did anyway. We booked him and took him to jail and the car was impounded. It was a great way to be introduced to LE.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3538 users online. 163 members and 3375 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X