Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for all your replies! I showed him what you all had to say to prove that he would most likely get some time behind bars...

he saw the posts and said that i hadn't asked the correct question ...he told me that he was driving at 1 in the morning and that there was "literally no traffic whatsoever - a.k.a he was the only one on the highway for miles and he wasn't near any towns etc." with that added info he said that most all police officers wouldn't go after him and if they did, the officer would only give a ticket for speeding because he wasn't endangering anyone...

true? or can i still prove him wrong and tell him he'd be canned?
    Last edited by saabx; 09-16-2007, 10:42 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by saabx View Post
      thanks for all your replies! I showed him what you all had to say to prove that he would most likely get some time behind bars...

he saw the posts and said that i hadn't asked the correct question ...he told me that he was driving at 1 in the morning and that there was "literally no traffic whatsoever - a.k.a he was the only one on the highway for miles and he wasn't near any towns etc." with that added info he said that most all police officers wouldn't go after him and if they did, the officer would only give a ticket for speeding because he wasn't endangering anyone...

true? or can i still prove him wrong and tell him he'd be canned?

Well I certainly hope your friend doesnt get caught by me. He'll h ave a nice ride int he back of my car to the county jail. I dont care if its 1am. Guess what? its dark at 1am and harder to see things ahead. Not to mention his reaction time is zero. If there is an accident..at that speed people will die. Tell your friend hes playing with fire and sooner or later his time will come.

Comment

My answer is the exact same, whether its 1 in the morning or rush hour traffic!
        "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Skiracer View Post
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koenigsegg_CCR

During its review of the CCR's successor, the CCX, BBC television program Top Gear reported that the Koenigsegg CCR holds the fastest speeding ticket in the United States, which allegedly occurred in May 2003 in Texas. It was supposedly 242 mph (389 km/h) in a 75-mph zone. The car was involved in the San Francisco to Miami Gumball 3000 Rally. The driver, Arthur Chirkinian, was arrested and the car towed. His co-driver paid his bail and they retrieved the car from impound. While trying to catch up to the other gumballers the driver noticed smoke from the engine and his oil pressure was low. He pulled over to find his oil cap had gone "missing" while it was impounded. Arthur Chirkinian hitched a ride to the local Volkswagen dealership where he purchased a brand new Volkswagen Beetle and drove it to where his CCR was parked. He filled the CCR back up with oil and took the oil cap off the Beetle and put it on the CCR as that is the only oil cap that would fit his car. He then took off in hopes of catching everyone else, leaving a brand new Beetle on the side of the road with the doors unlocked and the key still in it. He caught up to the pack later that night in New Orleans[
          Can anyone find a news article on this guy who got nabbed at 242MPH? Only thing i could find are discussions on forums...

Comment

whoops wrong forum.

deleted
            Last edited by stangfather; 09-16-2007, 11:46 PM.
            The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

Tell your friend this little tid bit.... At 1:00a.m. we have not a whole lot going on so it is even more reason to take him to jail. Nearly everyone we stop at 1:00a.m. driving recklessly goes to jail due to the fact that they deserve it and if we aren't busy why not?
              Marine Infantry - Taking out the trash one country at a time.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are."

"Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

Comment

@ My old Dept early spring, I clocked 2 Speeders racing @ 98mph in a 55mph zone, they were both neck and neck, I got them both stopped and arrested them for "Speeding, Reckess Driving & Racing another motor vehicle". Shockingly they were both 18 and one had a loaded .45 under his seat. So he got a CCDW charge as well and minor in possesion of a handgun.
                If I clocked some idiot traveling @ that speed, he would def go to jail.
                DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

Here you would go to jail for reckless driving and your vehicle would get towed. You might outrun my car but you can't outrun my radio.

Comment

96 in a 55. I threw out the "Good afternoon, I stopped you because....." I just went straight on into. "I guess you know your getting a ticket right? "

He laughed and said yes sir.

In the city I work for, we spike strip motorcycles that run LOL jk
                    Last edited by johnnyradar; 09-19-2007, 12:36 AM. Reason: ...
                    I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders.

Comment

I once owned a 1980 Chevy Camaro, the closest thing to a "muscle car" I have ever owned. It was very comfortable and great fun to drive. One summer night, I finished a swing shift, loaded up the car, and started driving toward LA for a week's vacation. Somewhere around Bishop, CA, and at about 0230 hours, I decided I wanted to see how fast the Camaro would go. Nobody in the car, or on the road, but me. At 135 mph, I decided that was as fast as I needed to go and backed down to the speed limit, even though the car had more left in it. Had I been stopped by the CHP, they would have owned me, and I knew this. Don't ask to dance if you can't pay the piper.

When I got back from that trip, I added up my gas receipts. I traded the Camaro for a new Honda Accord the next day.
                      Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Originally posted by tactical208 View Post
                        I caught a guy on a motorcycle doing 117 MPH, he gave up when he couldn't shake me on the side streets.
                        He just didn't know how to ride!!
                        You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees View Post
                          I once owned a 1980 Chevy Camaro, the closest thing to a "muscle car" I have ever owned. It was very comfortable and great fun to drive. One summer night, I finished a swing shift, loaded up the car, and started driving toward LA for a week's vacation. Somewhere around Bishop, CA, and at about 0230 hours, I decided I wanted to see how fast the Camaro would go. Nobody in the car, or on the road, but me. At 135 mph, I decided that was as fast as I needed to go and backed down to the speed limit, even though the car had more left in it. Had I been stopped by the CHP, they would have owned me, and I knew this. Don't ask to dance if you can't pay the piper.

When I got back from that trip, I added up my gas receipts. I traded the Camaro for a new Honda Accord the next day.
                          Lots of speed traps between Bishop, CA and Mammoth Mountain since its a nearly straight road in the middle of the desert going to a major ski resort.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees View Post
                            I once owned a 1980 Chevy Camaro, the closest thing to a "muscle car" I have ever owned.

At 135 mph, I decided that was as fast as I needed to go and backed down to the speed limit, even though the car had more left in it.

135 mph in a 1980 Camaro with a "smogged out" 305 V8? You must've had a good one, Tim, as that was not the finest era for automative performance. Perhaps that car had very high rear axle gearing -- or maybe you just had a good car.

My cousin had a 1979 (?) Malibu with a 305 V8 and that thing was a dog - pure and simple. It would not go over 100 unless you pushed it off a cliff.

Thanks for the story, though, and I guess the CHP would have "owned" you had you been caught going that fast. Didn't the CHP use some Camaros for patrol duty back then? I think they even painted them in black & white and only had a red spotlight instead of a light bar on the roof.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

My fastest ever non-chase related and just speed was 118-65. This was in Wisconsin and the driver happened to be an out of stater. While I could not take him to jail just for speed, the policy at the time was all out of state residents post bond (pay the fine in full) prior to being released. So I could not take him to jail, but back in the day (loooong before the Virginia's of the world started adding $1000 civil penalties to traffic tickets) the fine was quite high--- $475 at that many over. When I asked him if it would be cash or credit, the look on his 18 yr old face was priceless

Comment

If it was in Montana see below...

61-8-703. Arrest without a warrant in radar cases. (1) The driver of any such motor vehicle may be arrested without a warrant under this section provided the arresting officer is in uniform or displays his badge of authority and has either:
                                (a) observed the recording of the speed of the vehicle by radio microwaves or other electrical device; or
                                (b) received, from the officer who has observed the speed of the vehicle recorded by the radio microwaves or other electrical device, a radio message giving the license number or other sufficient identification of the vehicle and the recorded speed, dispatched immediately after the speed of the vehicle was recorded.

And at the speed you stated reckless driving could easily be articulated as many have already stated. Reckless driving is an arrestable offense.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5016 users online. 284 members and 4732 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X