300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway Patrol Academy

I recently got an application for the NC Highway Patrol. Theres one question I forgot to ask the recruiter. Wonder if anyone could let me know. I'm 5'6 and weigh only 130lbs. I know I can physically do anything they can put me through. They gave me a list of things to work on, as in so many push ups, sit ups, sit and reaches per minute. Plus the mile and half run. I have this list already covered. I'm just worried they're going to look at me and think i'm a joke. Will this affect my chances of being accepted into the academy?

Sorry, I have placed this question in the wrong forum. If a moderator could move it, I would surely appreciate it.

Comment

I once saw a county officer in my jurisdiction who looked like he was 12 yoa. Seriously, he was prob 505/120 and looked like a middleschooler. I havent seen him in a while, but he got hired. Im sure he got a regular dose of trouble from perps but in the end, if an officer needs help and asks for it, we come out of the woodwork to assist.
      John 3:16

Comment

trooper

I entered my career as a State Trooper at 5/9 150 and made it through the academy, I had to work harder etc but then after all one doesn't get to pick their oposition out on the highway. I made it until retirement I don't see any reason why you can't either. Good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by redbird07 View Post
          I once saw a county officer in my jurisdiction who looked like he was 12 yoa. Seriously, he was prob 505/120 and looked like a middleschooler. I havent seen him in a while, but he got hired. Im sure he got a regular dose of trouble from perps but in the end, if an officer needs help and asks for it, we come out of the woodwork to assist.
          You sure we don't work the same county!? We have a rookie that does look 12 years old and he is about the same height and weight. He is a good guy though. Needs some time on the job and he will do fine.
          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Thanks for the response guys. Guess all I can do is try .

Comment

Originally posted by gman6974 View Post
              Will this affect my chances of being accepted into the academy?
              No. Officers come in all shapes and sizes. I'm sure you've seen officers 5'10" 350lbs. Anyway, you'll have plenty of opportunity to bulk up to...135lbs

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

We no longer have a minimum height.

If you give 100%, no one is going to think twice about your size. One of the smaller guys I've known on the Patrol was a great ground grappler and was into the MMA stuff. He looked like his shirt was on a coathanger, but he was tougher than 99% of the bigger guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3043 users online. 167 members and 2876 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X