Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving While Suspended, 3rd Degree, WA State.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving While Suspended, 3rd Degree, WA State.

I have had some complications with a ticket in my state, I missed a court date and I was filing for a just cause hearing to try and get a new hearing. I was told that I had until April 30th to send the hearing notice in or the DOL would suspend my license for FTA/Unpaid Ticket.

I mailed it, priority overnight mail on April 27th. To make sure, I called the DOL on Monday (the 30th) to ask if my license was clear. The guy told me I was clear to drive, I assumed that they got the noticed and were going to send me a letter telling me when/if I should show up for my just cause hearing. Five days later, I got stopped. The officer came up and said, "Okay, I need you to pull over the car on the right hand side [cause I was on the left] because your license is suspended and I can not let you drive, did you know it was suspended?" I was shocked.. I was like, "No I didn't."

Anyways, long story short he wrote me for DWLS3. He then told me that my license was suspended at 12:01 AM on April 29th. (That's a sunday) So that means when I called on the 30th, the guy told me wrong when he said I was clear. I have phone records to prove I called, I spent 14 minutes on the phone. Is this a legitimate defense, I was talking to the prosecutor and she said that the state just has to prove that you knew it was suspended and that you were driving on it. I was really trying NOT to get this ticket because my applications to law enforcement. The other ticket is all closed, paid for etc and my license was given back to me the day after I got the DWLS ticket.

Do you think that I have a legitimate case? Or should I just plea to a lower offense? I really don't want this on my record, I work for a delivery company.. and I could get let go for this violation. Any information would help me. Thanks

Contact your division of motor vehicles and get everything in order. Clear up your license status prior to coming to court. Show up for your court date on time and present the facts. Dont forget....Take responsibilty for your actions. Why did you miss your initial court date. Did you follow all the procedures correctly and in a timely manner for your just cause hearing. It seems like something is missing here. Not accusing you of anything but are you telling us everything.
    John 3:16

Comment

It is my fault that I missed my court date, I wrote down the wrong date on the calender. When I went to the court on the day I thought it was they told me that I had already missed it. I understand that it is my fault, I paid the FTA fine, late fees etc.. that ticket is closed and paid for. I also have my license back -- full privileges.

Comment

Driving While Suspended

Originally posted by redbird07 View Post
        Contact your division of motor vehicles and get everything in order. Clear up your license status prior to coming to court. Show up for your court date on time and present the facts. Dont forget....Take responsibilty for your actions. Why did you miss your initial court date. Did you follow all the procedures correctly and in a timely manner for your just cause hearing. It seems like something is missing here. Not accusing you of anything but are you telling us everything.
        Glitches in the system do occur, and it's possible that happened in your situation. Follow the advice posted above. Present the facts to the court. I'm not in the business of predicting how courts will rule, but the overwhelming number of judges I've encountered over the years, make every effort to be fair.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4456 users online. 253 members and 4203 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X