Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Troopers wife speeding

Hi all,

I have a few questions. First the long story.

There is a woman in my neighborhood who is a VA State Troopers wife. I have met the State Trooper at a HOA meeting and he is very nice. I have never met his wife. She speeds through the our neighborhood. Our neighborhood has A LOT of kids, mine included. Her speeding bothers me for the saftey of the children. What broke the straw was I was driving out of the heighborhood in my work van. I take it easy in my work van because of the sensitive equipment I carry. As I look at my side mirror I see she is tailgating the crap out of me. I looked at my speedo and I was going 25mph. Our neighborhood is large so it takes sometime to get out of it. We finally get to the main road. I came to a stop with my left blinker on. I turned left. She blew through the stop sign and raced up on my bumper again. The speed limit on this road is 45mph. She tailgated me for 3 miles until the next intersection. I pull up to the intersection with my right blinker on. I have a red light so I came to a complete stop. She decided that I was taking too long and put 2 wheels in the grass on my right and passed me as I was making the right turn. I had to veer left to avoid contact with her. She then sped away.

I would like some advice on how to handle this. Should I just try and talk to her? Should I try and talk to her husband? Should I report her? I don't want to start a neighborhood war either. But she is really dangerous. I don't want to get the Trooper in trouble either.

Thanks

We'll have to see what the others say, but I think a POLITE note may be in order if you know the address or you can speak with him in public at the next HOA meeting.

I do not know how others would feel about that but my ex-wife would drive like a putz sometimes. A neighbor politely mentioned it to me. The ex's driving was pretty bad and I know that he had a point. I mentioned to her how embarrassed I was being approached by a neighbor...and she started taking it easy...at least in our neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by iMarkVideo View Post

I would like some advice on how to handle this. Should I just try and talk to her? Should I try and talk to her husband? Should I report her? I don't want to start a neighborhood war either. But she is really dangerous. I don't want to get the Trooper in trouble either.

Thanks

I would avoid talking directly to her or mentioning her antics to anyone else in the 'hood' where you live. Try finding a nice private place to casually mention it to the trooper. Do it from a standpoint that you were concerned - without coming out and saying she was a bad driver. If he's really that nice of a guy, he'll get the message and have a little talk with her.

Tell the trooper that you saw a kid come out between some cars in the same place you saw her speeding or let him know about some blind curves where she might not see something in her car that you could in your truck, etc., etc. You must find a way to be tactful, yet getting the message across to him. Don't make her look like she's in the wrong, even though she apparently is in this case.

Coming across as accusatory (if that is a word) won't help much. As a last resort, perhaps you could drop a dime to your local police agency and make them aware of what is going on and let them be the "bad guy" who has to make her aware that she's got too much of a lead foot. No good cop wants to catch heat for something a family member might do, as it will (deserved or not) reflect upon him.

Good luck...and let us know how it turns out.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

What VA Dutch says X2. He nailed it.

Good luck.
        The All New
        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

I thought about doing nothing because I don't want to be a neighborhood a**hole. Nor do I wish for revenge from the Trooper. (If you know what I mean ). Like I said he seems like a real nice guy. I witnessed a neighborhood dog run over by a neighborhood speeder a few years back and I, for some reason, just picture my daughter as the same. Even though she is 13 she is not the most gracefull bicycle rider and I worry about her all the time. Just don't want her or any of the other kids hurt or killed.

I will follow the advise of the above postings and hopefully it will help.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

I thought about doing nothing because I don't want to be a neighborhood a**hole. Nor do I wish for revenge from the Trooper. (If you know what I mean ). Like I said he seems like a real nice guy. I witnessed a neighborhood dog run over by a neighborhood speeder a few years back and I, for some reason, just picture my daughter as the same. Even though she is 13 she is not the most gracefull bicycle rider and I worry about her all the time. Just don't want her or any of the other kids hurt or killed.

I will follow the advise of the above postings and hopefully it will help.

Thanks

You should take any action neccessary to get the message across. I understand about not wanting to be a neighborhood a**. BUT, if the lady hits your child when shes doing 20 over, you'll be mad at yourself for not attepting to do anything. Everyone thinks nothing bad will happen to them. And if the trooper sought revenge, then he would be at risk for his job. You need to do everything you can to protect your children. You even admit a dog was struck, so the potential seems like it is deffinatly there. There are a few ways you can go about it, and you know what your options are, but first and foremost, protect your children. YOU ARE NOT the neighborhood a**. She is, because shes endangering lives on young ones, and your the responcible dad trying to make your street safe.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineSqueeze View Post
              You should take any action neccessary to get the message across. I understand about not wanting to be a neighborhood a**. BUT, if the lady hits your child when shes doing 20 over, you'll be mad at yourself for not attepting to do anything. Everyone thinks nothing bad will happen to them. And if the trooper sought revenge, then he would be at risk for his job. You need to do everything you can to protect your children. You even admit a dog was struck, so the potential seems like it is deffinatly there. There are a few ways you can go about it, and you know what your options are, but first and foremost, protect your children. YOU ARE NOT the neighborhood a**. She is, because shes endangering lives on young ones, and your the responcible dad trying to make your street safe.

Tonight was our monthly HOA meeting. For some reason I chickened out for approaching him. He seemed like he didn't want to be bothered, maybe a bad day at the office. I don't know. I didn't want to p*** him off so I just left it alone. Mayby at next months meeting. But thanks for the advice.

Comment

Tonight was our monthly HOA meeting. For some reason I chickened out for approaching him. He seemed like he didn't want to be bothered, maybe a bad day at the office. I don't know. I didn't want to p*** him off so I just left it alone. Mayby at next months meeting. But thanks for the advice.
                Maybe he looked that way because everyone was talking to him about his wife's driving.
                John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by redbird07 View Post
                  Maybe he looked that way because everyone was talking to him about his wife's driving.
                  LOL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4669 users online. 305 members and 4364 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X