300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no gas cap a violation?

Hi, just wondering if driving without a gas cap is a violation? I live in Oregon. Couldn't find any info in the Oregon Revised Statutes about gas caps.

It is in Arizona. I would imagine the laws are similar since it's an environmental issue.

28-965. Fuel tank caps

A person shall not operate a motor vehicle on a highway unless the filling spout for the fuel tank is properly closed by means of a cap or cover composed of a noncombustible material that meets or exceeds applicable federal safety standards. This section does not apply to an electrically powered motor vehicle.

Comment

It is in Wisconsin, which, like most states, has adopted the US DOT vehicle standards.

Trans 305.24 Fuel systems.

(1) The fuel system of every motor vehicle shall be in proper working condition and in conformity with this section.
      (2) The fuel system shall be free of any leaks.
      (3) The fuel tank shall be closed with a fitted metal or plastic cap and shall be rigidly attached to the vehicle.
      Originally posted by kontemplerande
      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Gas Cap

Just use an old t-shirt or a dirty rag. That's what they do around here.

"If you think nothing is impossible, try herding cats or dribbling a football."

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by Desert DPS View Post
          This section does not apply to an electrically powered motor vehicle.
          Pardon the going around the profanity filter, but this one really deserves it...

NO S.H.!.T, Sherlock.

(To the legislator, not the poster.)
          Last edited by Wile E. Coyote; 05-23-2007, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
            Pardon the going around the profanity filter, but this one really deserves it...

NO S.H.!.T, Sherlock.

(To the legislator, not the poster.)

I laughed when I saw that too. DUH!

Some yokel probably tried to fight a ticket so they had to "clarify" it.

Comment

I especially like working the gas cap checkpoints. They are always fun.
              John 3:16

Comment

Illegal in PA. Inspection regs.
                As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5602 users online. 344 members and 5258 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X