300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly quota

This may be one of your closely guarded secrets turned into an urban myth, but is it true that every month you have to write a certain amount of tickets to meet a quota, and that a regular person is "more" likely to get pulled over at the end of the month, when the officers need to fill thier quota?

Originally posted by gfreebur View Post
    This may be one of your closely guarded secrets turned into an urban myth, but is it true that every month you have to write a certain amount of tickets to meet a quota, and that a regular person is "more" likely to get pulled over at the end of the month, when the officers need to fill thier quota?
    There are no "quota's" in Law Enforcement. In some states it's even against the law to have them.....

It is an urban myth.......

Comment

Not true at all!!You are more likely to get pulled over at the begginging of the month so we can take the last part of the month off!!
      FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Monthly Quota

I know this won't put the myth to rest, but we don't have quotas. As has been noted, there are some states where they are unlawful. I spent many years working traffic. In that time, there where plenty of violations to deal with without having to resort to a "quota".

Comment

We definitely don't have quotas but that doesn't mean I don't set goals for myself

Comment

No quotas, I get to write as many as I want. In Wisconsin, its a crime for a department to have ticket quotas.
            Originally posted by kontemplerande
            Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Can't have them here either, but that doesn't stop my department from having "Daily Ticket Performance Standards."

No, I am not kidding.
              Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
              Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
              For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
              'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

Taboo ...
                It is against policy here. So much so, that supervisors are careful NOT to ever mention a "number" for fear it can be used againt them as setting a quota.

Comment

My chief set a quota for me in 2003. He called me into his office, poured me a cup of coffee and said "Please, just one a month. Thats not to much to ask is it, everyone else does one a month."

The only tickets i write are required for arrest.
                  It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by Huey County View Post
                    Can't have them here either, but that doesn't stop my department from having "Daily Ticket Performance Standards."

No, I am not kidding.
                    We have something similiar. We have "performance standards." We have to average one traffic contact a shift. The key word is contact. They cannot say one citation a shift.

HOWEVER, the way the policy was written was that an officer must achieve a 50/50 warning to citation ratio. So, if an officer works 20 shifts a month, how many tickets must he write? Nobody has ever been disciplined for not meeting the warning to citation ratio. If anyone would be, the dime would be dropped to the media quickly.
                    "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

It depends if 1st place for the month wins a toaster or a flat screen TV!
                      "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

I have only worked at one dept. where i was told how many tickets I had to write a nite or I would be terminated.It was not that way when I was hired on,new Chief came up with this rule.Needless to say i don't work there anymore.They were more worried about revenue than keeping break ins down,which we were having alot of at the time.
                        FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

We don't have a quota. I end up only writing about 10 cites a month. There's other stuff to do that I enjoy more. There are other Deputies that write a lot of tickets. That's the great thing about the job. If you don't like writing tickets there's somebody else who does.

Comment

Yes.. many agencies have quotas ...even though unwritten.

And many officers have "Collars for Dollars" strategies all worked out to derive overtime for court appearances as well.
                            Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                            Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

No quota, ever. I get paid the same if I write 25 cites a day or none and there is no blank on my evaluation that lists the number of tickets one writes. Besides I'm a Deputy and I have other priorities, so I don't work much traffic.
                              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5869 users online. 344 members and 5525 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X