Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having the violator come back to your passenger seat?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    You’ll notice this fantastic technique isn’t taught by CA POST... think about WHY.

Some techniques ^^^^^^^ you have to learn of your own....

Comment

My department and the allied county have traditionally transported back-cuffed prisoners in the front seat, It seems goofy, but I think the concern for a comfortable and convenient take-home vehicle trumped officer safety. Hopefully, there are caged units available for transport of resistive and assaultive suspects, but those can be few and far between. Nonetheless....

That said, a county officer who should have known better decided to sit a violator next to him when he ran a warrant check. The hit proved a surprise. Our stalwart provided some excuse to the suspect regarding why he needed to access his trunk. The real reason was to call for help on the city channel. The result was an unusual high risk stop by city cars and a now dismounted county officer of a parked county police cruiser, Good times....

Don't sit uncuffed people in your front seat unless you know they are not threats.
      John from Maryland

Comment

Aside from the MASSIVE officer safety issues, just think about the potential for sexual allegations involving female offenders.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who this "technique" seemed to be a red flag to...
          "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
            Aside from the MASSIVE officer safety issues, just think about the potential for sexual allegations involving female offenders.
            Yes, one reason supervisors are issued portable UV lights.

Comment

Definitely not something I would be comfortable with, but I will not criticize the established and proven techniques of others just because they're different than mine. I understand the benefits. It seems to work for them.
              "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyVet View Post
                Definitely not something I would be comfortable with, but I will not criticize the established and proven techniques of others just because they're different than mine. I understand the benefits. It seems to work for them.
                Until it doesn’t. Then justify it.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

Yes, one reason supervisors are issued portable UV lights.

Comment

• BTDT2
                    BTDT2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  Until it doesn’t. Then justify it.

Seated in a vehicle preoccupied with a person in your front passenger seat also places an officer in a vulnerable position if approached by an individual unrelated to the situation.

Before posting I took a few moments to view ODMP to honor the memory of fallen colleagues who made this fatal mistake.

As my savvy and respected colleague posted “Until it doesn’t. Then justify it.”
                  Last edited by BTDT2; 10-01-2019, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Lots of HP agencies carry prisoners in the front seat. There are techniques to mitigate the risk but a cage is the right way to do it.

Comment

I can't believe a practice like this still exists in 2019.
                      Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

• emtguy89
                        emtguy89 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I know a dude who went to jail for DWLS in a rural Kentucky town...deputy said "Alright get back in your car and follow me to the jail"...there's a town near me that has since closed their PD, had one cop, who carried a baseball bat (no gun) and drove his own truck, would tell people "Alright there's five of y'all in the back of this truck, there better be five of y'all when we get to the jail." That was in the late 90s.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18150 users online. 376 members and 17774 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X