300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double the speed limit!

hey guys, me and my friends were talking one day and the subject of doubling the speed limit came up, i was just wondering that if you double the speed limit in any situation, then do you get your license taken away on the spot. I can definately understand on the highway goin 120, but does that apply for back roads say 20 mph?

Originally posted by gfreebur View Post
    hey guys, me and my friends were talking one day and the subject of doubling the speed limit came up, i was just wondering that if you double the speed limit in any situation, then do you get your license taken away on the spot. I can definately understand on the highway goin 120, but does that apply for back roads say 20 mph?
    Alot depends on the cop, department policy and state law.

If I stopped you going 50 on a 25mph road I would give you a speeding ticket for going 25 over and it comes with a hefty fine and points. Depending on a few things you might get a Reckless with another big fine and more points.

I know there are a few states out there with a mandatory Reckless after Xmph over.

Comment

Depends on location, traffic, weather, etc etc. Most tickets have breakdowns of miles over and fines as a result. Some are like 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 but some have bigger gaps 1-10, 11-20, 21 and over. Usually the ones like 21 and over would come with reckless driving attached. Doubling the limit when the limit is 55 or 65 (depending on state) would probably make you SOL with an officer/trooper. Oh, and anything over in a school zone, you're screwed.

Comment

double = handcuffs

Comment

Rather than worrying about citations or jail time from us, why don't you worry about your livelihood? Speed limits are set for a reason, and they normally coincide with engineering studies from the grade, curve, and other factors of the roadway. Going double the posted limit will probably land you in a crash.
          I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Double the limit on the highway- free ride in a squad car.

Comment

Around here anything 20+ gets you the speed plus careless. Get much higher than that and you take the ride.
              Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
              I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
              Originally posted by weinerdog2000
              as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by gfreebur View Post
                No, we do not have the authority to take your license on the spot (Florida), however, there is a mandatory court appearance for doubling the speed limit. (If the speed limit was 30mph or greater). The judges do, however have that authority and I have seen them use it.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5247 users online. 291 members and 4956 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X