300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud motorcycle pipes

How do you guys deal with loud motorcycle exhaust pipes? I'm not referring to something like stock Harley pipes but rather modified exhaust by drilling holes or removing baffles all for the sake of noise.

I hear a lot of these type of bikes riding around and even from hundreds of feet away, it's hard on the ears, and these bikers that specifically make their pipes loud seem to intentionally rev their motors frequently.

I lost a muffler on my car several years ago and before I could get it fixed I was pulled over twice for it, and the volume of my exhaust wasn't even close to what these bikes are.

How much do you bother with something like this?

In Ohio there are different laws for motorcycles and cars/trucks. Motorcycles only have to have baffles, cars have to be equiped with the emissions equipment.

Comment

As a long time rider and a Motorcop I take no prisoners when it come to loud pipes. They are NOT essential and they upset the people in cars who would like to kill us, given ANY excuse. Loud pipes do not save lives, they P**s off the public. Want to make car drivers aware of your presence, get a headlight modulator and ride defensively.

Comment

i have a "Crotch Rocket' type bike and the Police motors around here are twice as loud as any pipe i could put on so...
        sigpic"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.

Comment

Loud Motorcycle pipes

If you perform any modification to factory pipes such as knocking out the baffles etc, that will put you in violation of most if not all loud muffler laws.

Comment

I wonder how many times you passed people in your car minus muffler and thought "Why doesn't he ever get pulled over!?!?!?". Rather you see it or not, usually those who deserve it get pulled over eventually.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. A guy I work with is a wannabe tough guy biker and he has taken a number of measures to modify his exhaust in the name of sounding "mean". He was ticketed for his loud pipes last year but as a secondary offense after he was pulled over for speeding, but then the DA dropped the charges on the exhaust violation upon paying the speeding ticket and he still has obnoxious loud pipes. I don't know if he told them that he took care of it just to get the charges dropped or what, but I hope he gets pulled over again this year because he's the type that is not going to change and this is the third year he's had this loud bike.

He can be a real jerk when confronted so I don't bother butting heads with him about it.

Comment

Loud Pipes

Well Chuck, he better hope he doesn't get too obnoxious when a cop lights him up. That can often result in him being seated in the back of a patrol car. And, while so seated, he can watch the wrecker hook up to his bike. It does happen.

Comment

in my town the city council just past a "Loud Noise" Ordinance. It is great. Pretty much, If i think it is to loud then i can cite.
                  The Republicans need to shrug off this Christian Coalition noose it has placed around its own neck and recognize the fact that, though they may not realize it, the majority of Americans are actually quite libertarian in their philosophy. They also need to learn to fight once in a while. What a bunch of wimps.
                  -Neal Boortz

Comment

If the rider isn't riding like a tard and drawing attention to himself, by gunning the engine or something along those lines, I don't usually pay much attention to it. I am the same way with cars too.
                    si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3234 users online. 151 members and 3083 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X