300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warning light limit

in Va , ive found out that firefighters can only have no more than 2 warning lights on there personal vehicles, now Maybe you can help me out here, but if u saw a firefighter with more than 2 lights would you stop him, and if they had there lights on goin to a call(wheter it be to the scene or station) would you stop them?
    We are Volunteers, we don't get paid for what we do
    But our hope and prayers are to always see you through
    We can be eating or awakened in the middle of the night
    With a blast of our pagers saying There is a Fire we need to fight!
    We are up and dressed and out the door
    We meet sirens blaring and trucks that roar
    The adrenaline pumping, were ready to go
    Will we make it home? We never know.

Yup!

Press hard, three copies!!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Depends on how excessive it is. If I see a car resembling the ghost busters ride, I might wonder what's gone through your head.

I can think of more serious crimes to deal with than an extra emergency light on someone's car. Unless as mentioned it was pretty bad and dangerous to other drivers because of the excessive lighting.

Comment

Different policy than TN, but the manner of driving is what concerns me. Emergency lighting is simply asking other drivers to move aside. It is not a right, rather a priviledge. If you drive like a moron, you will get stopped and cited.
        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31
          Different policy than TN, but the manner of driving is what concerns me. Emergency lighting is simply asking other drivers to move aside. It is not a right, rather a priviledge. If you drive like a moron, you will get stopped and cited.
          yea, i can really understand all of that, cause most of the police departments in my area, allow a 10 mph limit, any more than that, they can stop them
          We are Volunteers, we don't get paid for what we do
          But our hope and prayers are to always see you through
          We can be eating or awakened in the middle of the night
          With a blast of our pagers saying There is a Fire we need to fight!
          We are up and dressed and out the door
          We meet sirens blaring and trucks that roar
          The adrenaline pumping, were ready to go
          Will we make it home? We never know.

Comment

Volunteer firefighters aren't allowed emergency lighting to allow them to speed or run red lights, they are only allowed a minimal number to request the right of way from other motorist. Two is ample to make such a request. There is no reason to allow more or to have the general public believe this is a full fledge emergency vehicle. These vehicles are privately owned, with insurance that varies in value and coverage, operated by every thing from young boys and girls to old men and women.
            "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by t150vsuptpr
              Volunteer firefighters aren't allowed emergency lighting to allow them to speed or run red lights, they are only allowed a minimal number to request the right of way from other motorist. Two is ample to make such a request. There is no reason to allow more or to have the general public believe this is a full fledge emergency vehicle. These vehicles are privately owned, with insurance that varies in value and coverage, operated by every thing from young boys and girls to old men and women.
              I wish we had that for a Missouri statute.....

We have guys/gals running everything from a single "Kojack" light on their dash......all the way up to a Blue LEDs in the front/rear decks, corner strobes, and wig-wags.....plus a 100 watt siren......

Comment

Warning Lights

In Alabama, to constitute and emergency vehicle, both emergency lights and audible siren must be used. Alabama permits volunteer firefighters to have red light(s) in their private vehicles. Use of the red light alone, does not make the firefighter's POV an authorized emergency vehicle. Were I to observe q volunteer firefighter responding to a fire in a careless/reckless manner, I could stop him on the spot, or, I could wait until the emergency was over. It would depend on the circumstances. Volunteer Fire personnel should keep in mind that in many instances they are not covered by a fire department's liability insurance while responding in personal vehicles. There could be issues with the volunteer's personal insurance carrier as well. Read your State Vehicle Code regarding emergency vehicles. While it allows certain deviations from the speed limit, traffic signs and signals, as well as parking, it does not make any allowances for , nor does it authorize any other than careful and prudent operation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4398 users online. 309 members and 4089 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X