Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tennessee Camera Speeding Ticket

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tennessee Camera Speeding Ticket

    In the state of Tennessee all camera citations whether speeding or red light will be cited as a non-moving violation per state law and a maximum fine of $50. Also according to state law the citation cannot be used to add points to your DL, increase your insurance rates, or cannot be turned over to a collection agency if not paid. With that being said will these actually show up on your driving record as a non moving violation?

  • #2
    Tennessee doesn't report non-moving violations for driving history except for seat belt and insurance. If you aren't a TN resident you may need to check with your home state.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

    Comment


    • #3
      I am assuming speedcam and stoplight cam citations are just fines is most states. I know in MD you can run them all day long and it's only a $40 fine (I don't BTW).
      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
        Tennessee doesn't report non-moving violations for driving history except for seat belt and insurance. If you aren't a TN resident you may need to check with your home state.
        I’m applying to a local PD in my home state of Alabama. I’ve been urged even by a Tennessee lawmaker to not pay it. I don’t know if it needs to be disclosed if it’s not on any record. There is a place for Tickets and misc citations. I was under the impression that since an officer didn’t issue the “citation” that’s it’s basically unenforceable unless they decide to summons me to court. That hasn’t happened and more than likely won’t.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wldktz View Post

          I’m applying to a local PD in my home state of Alabama. I’ve been urged even by a Tennessee lawmaker to not pay it. I don’t know if it needs to be disclosed if it’s not on any record. There is a place for Tickets and misc citations. I was under the impression that since an officer didn’t issue the “citation” that’s it’s basically unenforceable unless they decide to summons me to court. That hasn’t happened and more than likely won’t.
          It needs to be disclosed.

          It is a CITATION (most likely civil in nature rather than criminal)..........but a citation non the less

          What the agency does with that disclosure is up to them. Non disclosure would in MY mind be a lie by omission
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

          My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wldktz View Post

            I’m applying to a local PD in my home state of Alabama. I’ve been urged even by a Tennessee lawmaker to not pay it. I don’t know if it needs to be disclosed if it’s not on any record. There is a place for Tickets and misc citations. I was under the impression that since an officer didn’t issue the “citation” that’s it’s basically unenforceable unless they decide to summons me to court. That hasn’t happened and more than likely won’t.
            Are you guilty of the violation? I got a ticket for running a red light via a camera. Cost me $78. I did it, I paid it. And yes, it was in my jurisdiction and I was an active LEO. I'm just glad I didn't cause an accident. I consider it a matter of integrity. I'm not surprised that a politician does not have integrity, but I'm a bit concerned about yours.
            Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post

              Are you guilty of the violation? I got a ticket for running a red light via a camera. Cost me $78. I did it, I paid it. And yes, it was in my jurisdiction and I was an active LEO. I'm just glad I didn't cause an accident. I consider it a matter of integrity. I'm not surprised that a politician does not have integrity, but I'm a bit concerned about yours.
              To be honest I don't know. As for integrity this municipality has integrity issues with this very issue. The first problem I have is the revenue generated from the camera is paying the operating officers salary. So there is a motivation to have the camera and there is motivation to generate revenue with the camera. I also have a right to face my accuser. Who is my accuser and when is my court date? I haven't been summonds to court. So why do I have an integrity issue? I'm waiting for my right to face my accuser. If it's not on my driving record and it's never been filed in court then what's the point in sending these citations out? It's all about extortion and fear. I would be ashamed to work for that department. However on the flip side I am going to my BI about this when filling out my application. I have already asked about it once in the orientation after the PAT. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for paying what is due however there are so many holes and questions regarding this issue especially in Tennessee. It's a complicated issue.

              Comment


              • J2H
                J2H commented
                Editing a comment
                Speed/trafficlight cams are there solely for income (and deterrent).

            MR300x250 Tablet

            Collapse

            What's Going On

            Collapse

            There are currently 17738 users online. 480 members and 17258 guests.

            Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

            Welcome Ad

            Collapse
            Working...
            X