Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGDS
    commented on 's reply
    Ha! If only those talks worked on some people.

• mike1390
    commented on 's reply
    Not to mention your beat partners will start having conversations with you if you keep ducking paper because you’re “proactive”

• PeteBroccolo
    replied
    Originally posted by just joe View Post
    Worry about graduating the academy and getting off probation.
    I concur with my learned friend above.
    Get into the Academy, complete it successfully, complete your field training successfully, and be professional and open to learning at all times.

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    Worry about graduating the academy and getting off probation.

Leave a comment:

• houstonstrong
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for your input

• RGDS
    replied
    Hunting is great, but you gotta remember that you are there FOR the calls for service. The public really doesn’t care if you make a car stop and take 56 lbs of fentanyl and 9 illegal weapons and 180 million in cash. They care that you showed up shortly after they hung up with dispatch. It’s petty, but that’s a fact.

Leave a comment:

• houstonstrong
    replied
    Understood. Thank you for your comments.

Leave a comment:

• Curt5811
    replied
    You are getting so far ahead of yourself, it's not even funny. The officers you'll meet on FTO dread getting assigned to guys like you... and that comes AFTER the academy

Concentrate on the subject matter presented to you each day, one day at a time. The Academy is going to be like drinking water from a fire hose as it is. You're going to have a hard time keeping up.

Worry about making arrests when its time to start making arrests

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by houstonstrong View Post
    I am starting a TX municipal police academy soon and after a few ride alongs, I'd really like to be proactive and make good felony arrests on my own endeavor and not necessarily while running calls. Besides discovering narcotics on traffic stops, what are some other self initiated activity I can do in the course of patrolling to pursue felons that have been successful in your experience?

You will learn all that stuff in the Academy and FTO

Leave a comment:

• houstonstrong
    started a topic Proactive Work

Proactive Work

I am starting a TX municipal police academy soon and after a few ride alongs, I'd really like to be proactive and make good felony arrests on my own endeavor and not necessarily while running calls. Besides discovering narcotics on traffic stops, what are some other self initiated activity I can do in the course of patrolling to pursue felons that have been successful in your experience?
    Last edited by houstonstrong; 08-05-2018, 02:01 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10015 users online. 477 members and 9538 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X