300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proactive Work

I am starting a TX municipal police academy soon and after a few ride alongs, I'd really like to be proactive and make good felony arrests on my own endeavor and not necessarily while running calls. Besides discovering narcotics on traffic stops, what are some other self initiated activity I can do in the course of patrolling to pursue felons that have been successful in your experience?
    Last edited by houstonstrong; 08-05-2018, 03:01 PM.

Originally posted by houstonstrong View Post
    I am starting a TX municipal police academy soon and after a few ride alongs, I'd really like to be proactive and make good felony arrests on my own endeavor and not necessarily while running calls. Besides discovering narcotics on traffic stops, what are some other self initiated activity I can do in the course of patrolling to pursue felons that have been successful in your experience?

You will learn all that stuff in the Academy and FTO
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

You are getting so far ahead of yourself, it's not even funny. The officers you'll meet on FTO dread getting assigned to guys like you... and that comes AFTER the academy

Concentrate on the subject matter presented to you each day, one day at a time. The Academy is going to be like drinking water from a fire hose as it is. You're going to have a hard time keeping up.

Worry about making arrests when its time to start making arrests
      You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

Understood. Thank you for your comments.

Comment

Hunting is great, but you gotta remember that you are there FOR the calls for service. The public really doesn’t care if you make a car stop and take 56 lbs of fentanyl and 9 illegal weapons and 180 million in cash. They care that you showed up shortly after they hung up with dispatch. It’s petty, but that’s a fact.
          semper destravit

Comment

• houstonstrong
            houstonstrong commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your input

• mike1390
            mike1390 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not to mention your beat partners will start having conversations with you if you keep ducking paper because you’re “proactive”

• RGDS
            RGDS commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha! If only those talks worked on some people.

Worry about graduating the academy and getting off probation.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
            Worry about graduating the academy and getting off probation.
            I concur with my learned friend above.
            Get into the Academy, complete it successfully, complete your field training successfully, and be professional and open to learning at all times.
            #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
            Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
            RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
            Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
            "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8887 users online. 357 members and 8530 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X