Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Florida Officers about Speed limit signs

Howdy all,

I have a quick question about some posted speed limit signs around my area of town. I have a road near my house that has been a one lane road for probably the past five years. Within the last year or so the county has been working on it to make it a two lane road, and it finally opened up for use a few months ago. The posted speed limit on the road was 35 and for just one lane it was definately a good speed. Now that the road is two lane the county is slowly, and I mean slowly, putting up signs for 45mph. I have seen a few of the 45 mph signs, but all of them except for one have been covered up so as to not be used yet. However, and this finally gets to my question, one of the 45 mph signs is clearly visible. It sits about 10 feet in front of one of the 35 mph signs, and I"m a little unsure what speed limit I need to be going.

Your help is appreciated!
    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Well, either the 45 mph sign is visible to cause confusion to the motoring public and allow officers to boost revenue (unlikely) or it was uncovered in error by high winds or vandals. I would obey the 35 mph sign until all the 45 mph signs are completely unveiled. I, for one would take into account that the road is wider and, thus safer for a higher speed, as determined by D.O.T., but that's just me.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I think I may do 40 just to ensure my safety. I have been doing 35 for the past few weeks and everytime I get on that road I fear for my life. Most of the people are doing 45-50.
      "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

If one sign says 45 and the other says 35, you can add them both together and just go 80....right?

-----------------------------------

Yep, but that's how I roll.

-----------------------------------
        Last edited by VA Dutch; 04-10-2007, 06:56 PM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Don't we wish.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5809 users online. 315 members and 5494 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X