300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reckless Driving Suspension

I've been charged with reckless driving in PA and pleaded guilty to the citation and paid the fine. Now I got a notice from the DMV suspending my license.

I was wondering if I could appeal it and get a lesser punishment like adding points, additional fines, taking a safe driving course, PA points exam, restricted license, etc.

Originally posted by s_leighman
    I've been charged with reckless driving in PA and pleaded guilty to the citation and paid the fine. Now I got a notice from the DMV suspending my license.

I was wondering if I could appeal it and get a lesser punishment like adding points, additional fines, taking a safe driving course, PA points exam, restricted license, etc.
    Talk to the court.
    "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by t150vsuptpr
      Talk to the court.
      That's what I was going to do, but I don't want to appeal it unless I have a decent chance in winning. How much would court costs be?

I'm not trying to deny the cime but I would like a lesser punishment since I already paid a $280 fine and need my license for school and work.

Do you think I could get alternate punishment. If I could, what do you think it could be? There's a number I could name such as an accumulation of points, additional fine, takings a PA points exam, taking a safer driver class, a restriction on my license. Do you really think there's a chance in getting one or a few of those instead of a suspension.
      Last edited by s_leighman; 04-06-2007, 01:02 PM.

Comment

By paying the fine you admitted guilt. Therefore you were given points on your license. Any more points and you license would still be suspended. Most states allow you to appeal within a specified time frame. If you admitted your guilt and paid the fine, you should endure your suspension and chalk it up to experience. You started out doing the right thing...dont back out now.
        John 3:16

Comment

I don't think it was really a points matter, it was an auto suspension ... If I were to get 6 points would I be able to take the points exam still?

I admitted guilt but would I still be able to appeal to the suspension? Would the option of getting say 5 points and taking a driving clinic or something be available?
          Last edited by s_leighman; 04-06-2007, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by s_leighman
            I don't think it was really a points matter, it was an auto suspension ... If I were to get points would I be able to take the points exam still?

I admitted guilt but would I still be able to appeal to the suspension?
            Talk to the DMV...sometimes they have discretion without the court getting involved.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Cop
              Talk to the DMV...sometimes they have discretion without the court getting involved.
              In PA? What're the chances of that helping?

Comment

I don't know about PA, but that's the case in CA. What does it hurt to call the DMV??

Comment

I'm with the rest on this, call DMV and if that doesn't work see if you can get the courts to have a bit of pity on you.

The fines set out by the courts and licence suspensions don't always go hand in hand as i'm sure you see now.

If you admitted guilt for the offence, you can't really appeal it. How do you think that is going to look when the judge sees you already fessed up to it.

If nothing else, learn from it.

Comment

Yeah but I'm pretty much appealing to to the suspension not the crime. I'll try the DMV then and see what they can do.

Comment

Yup, DMV is the issue not the courts. If your area has a mandatory suspension for that, it's worth a try but don't count on getting it back.

Comment

PA=mandatory suspension for Reckless Driving and 5 points upon conclusion of suspension. You may be able to petition you home state for an Occupational Limited License. You have 30 days from plea (date fine was paid) to appeal to PA Courts (in the county of the offense). After that, petition PENNDOT or your states DMV for a hearing.
                        Don't fight to survive for you have already lost. Fight to WIN!

Comment

How would I go about appealing it? I think it might be a good case since the cop did not question me but rather just took what was reported as 100% true when he did not witness anything.
                          Last edited by s_leighman; 04-15-2007, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Contact the Clerk of Courts Office and ask them, or talk with an attorney. I've never had to do it, so I can't help you out anymore. Nextime pay closer attention and you won't be in this situation.
                            Don't fight to survive for you have already lost. Fight to WIN!

Comment

Am I appealing the DMV or is this going back to the Magisterial court?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6263 users online. 372 members and 5891 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X