Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why have cops followed me home without pulling me over? I think that's strange.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why have cops followed me home without pulling me over? I think that's strange.

Idk if it's always the same cop, or different cops, but it's happened like 3 times in 2 months.

Is that normal behavior? What am I doing that makes a cop think I should be followed for 3 or 4 miles?

My car looks like a gangsta car, but it was for sale at a car lot & it was what I could afford. I'm sure they run the plates & see that some ol' gramma owns it now, does that make them suspicious lol? I even decorated it so it looks less .... like it used to, but that didn't help.

Strange.

Originally posted by curioser View Post
    Idk if it's always the same cop, or different cops, but it's happened like 3 times in 2 months.
    Hmmmmmmm

Is that normal behavior? What am I doing that makes a cop think I should be followed for 3 or 4 miles?
    How would we know what you are doing?

My car looks like a gangsta car, but it was for sale at a car lot & it was what I could afford.
    Just like on here where the only thing we know about you is what you type....................................On the streets you are known by the car you drive

I'm sure they run the plates & see that some ol' gramma owns it now, does that make them suspicious lol?
    No

I even decorated it so it looks less .... like it used to, but that didn't help.
    sure bring the car to the cops attention even omre

Strange.
    Not at all
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 12-20-2017, 09:38 AM.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• curioser
      curioser commented
      Editing a comment
      wait; don't they randomly run the plates? Then why don't they pull me over if they think some old gramma owns it, and some gangsta must be driving it at the frustratingly annoying speed limit, even though it's the middle of the night & no one is around (except for the cop who suddenly appears out of no where to follow me)? I mean, I like to think they are worried about me & making sure I get home ok... but it's such a scary way to do that lol.

How long ago did you buy the car?

Comment

• curioser
      curioser commented
      Editing a comment
      in July. It has headers. (I had to google that to find out what it means. It's some kind of exhaust thing I don't understand what the big deal is. I mean, if you have a 4 cylinder car, yeah it makes sense to have 4 little individual smoke pipe things coming off the engine, I mean what the heck; even I know that! But idk why that means anything besides common sense.) and it has really funny stereo equipment.. like some kind of equalizers in the doors, and monster cables in the trunk- 2 sets of them, and someone built a little platform for... i guess a speaker. It's awesome for holding fluids level! I only listen to NPR & Sermon Audio, so the appeal is kinda lost on me. And it has all this other weird stuff. Something for super bright headlights. (idk what kind, and they aren't plugged into anything, just all kindsa weird stuff.) And MEGA tinted windows, wow!! I have to roll them down to see if it's safe to turn left at night. Kinda a PITA, but it was at a car dealership for $800. Wow!! Sold, pally!!

So you think the police have followed you two or three times in the last 60 days, without stopping you. You're not sure if its even the same officer or not.

How do you know their attention is focused on you or your car? How do you know they aren't simply driving on the same road and happen to be behind you? Have you considered not following the exact same route every day, or maybe stopping at the post office after the grocery store, instead of before? How about buying your scratch-offs at the Petro Pantry across the street instead of the same gas station all the time? Mix it up some.

Or here's an idea.... why don't you stop and talk to them?
    You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

• curioser
      curioser commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, is that what it is? What would happen if I pulled over in front of a cop, so I could talk to them? I'd be afraid to. The only time I was tempted to, was when I executed a beautiful, graceful, ballerina- like U-turn that was so flawlessly executed, that when a cop whipped out & started following me, I was certain he wanted my autograph. But I was too scared to pull over & offer to tell him my driving secrets- (but obviously, I'm sure he wanted some. S/he was probably too intimidated by my mad driving skillz to do anything but follow me home.)

I mean.. that baby was so poetry in motion, I even blew myself away!! Wow!! I'm gettin better as I age..!!

• Curt5811
      Curt5811 commented
      Editing a comment
      No... what I meant was, when you see the cop following you (or think he's following), why don't you make a right turn into the first parking lot you come to, stop the car and see if he follows. If he does, talk to him. If he doesn't, he wasn't following you. NRS. (not rocket science)

Originally posted by Curt5811 View Post
    So you think the police have followed you two or three times in the last 60 days, without stopping you. You're not sure if its even the same officer or not.

How do you know their attention is focused on you or your car? How do you know they aren't simply driving on the same road and happen to be behind you? Have you considered not following the exact same route every day, or maybe stopping at the post office after the grocery store, instead of before? How about buying your scratch-offs at the Petro Pantry across the street instead of the same gas station all the time? Mix it up some.

Or here's an idea.... why don't you stop and talk to them?
    Yes, brake-check them. They'll be happy to chat with you...

Comment

• Curt5811
      Curt5811 commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll be sure to have their undivided attention. LOL

Another squirrel, go take your meds.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

• curioser
      curioser commented
      Editing a comment
      eh. My hyper meds keep me up all night. Can't take 'em all the time, but wow, I wish!! (so does everyone else, prolly )

Posts reported FYI.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• curioser
      curioser commented
      Editing a comment
      reported for what? asking why I'm being followed home all the time? Wait there's more!!

• Curt5811
      Curt5811 commented
      Editing a comment
      Reported for actually using the non-word "prolly". Ordinarily, you would be tased. We're giving you a break this time.

So it happened twice today!! What am I doing that makes cops want to follow me?? First guy was in an unmarked car, perpendicular to mine, so he didn't even see my license plate, just whipped out & started following me, almost all the way home.

2nd guy was in a cop car, whipped into my lane behind me so close he was inches from my bumper. Followed me for a mile, then whipped into the other lane, did the same thing to someone else, followed him glued to his bumper. Then after a while, he whipped back into my lane & did the same thing to someone else, why on earth was he doing that?? I mean that was some crazy aggressive/ scary driving for the start of rush hour, don'tcha think?

Comment

They want to sell you tickets to the policeman’s ball. Pull over and buy a few. Support law enforcement officers!
      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

So it happened twice today!! What am I doing that makes cops want to follow me?? First guy was in an unmarked car, perpendicular to mine, so he didn't even see my license plate, just whipped out & started following me, almost all the way home.

2nd guy was in a cop car, whipped into my lane behind me so close he was inches from my bumper. Followed me for a mile, then whipped into the other lane, did the same thing to someone else, followed him glued to his bumper. Then after a while, he whipped back into my lane & did the same thing to someone else, why on earth was he doing that?? I mean that was some crazy aggressive/ scary driving for the start of rush hour, don'tcha think?
        Good grief woman... how could we possibly know why they did whatever it was?

Do you think cops are all linked telepathically?

You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt5811 View Post

Do you think cops are all linked telepathically?
          lol I kinda DID think that!

No, actually, is that normal behavior? Is there any good reason he could have been doing that?

Comment

Peanut Butter?

Comment

No.
              have to enter a message with 10 characters. ok.

Comment

Not knowing the size city or town you live in, but maybe the same vehicles driven by others in your community could be behind you two or three times in a sixty day period also, but since they blend in and you don't notice them, you go about your way unknowing. But, since you do recognize patrol vehicles, it is more obvious. Then again, they could be following you. All these posts make me wonder what you're up to.

Comment

all these posts involve me asking a cop. Look at what your description of this section of the forum is: " Is there something you always wanted to ask a cop?"

Yeah!! So many things!! I want to know SO much more about police dogs, and police animals in other countries (In Africa, cheetahs, no kidding! have been trained to help with farming- I've seen pix, I think it's true. Huh. D'ya think those police forces also use cheetahs, instead of police dog?? Wouldn't that be SO interesting to find out?? Wow! Could you imagine how cool that would be, to have a police cheetah, instead of a police dog?? How could I find that out?)

Why are police so suspicious? Is it that hard to believe, that people are just curious, for the sake of curiosity?

For instance, have you met me? I am so curious about everything!! I'm just not afraid to ask questions. I don't mean to be off putting, or come across as suspicious (lol; but that idea is hilarious!) I just want to ask cops stuff I've been curious about!

Why is that such a strange thing? When I encounter people IRL, who have a job doing something I've never done as a career path, I milk them for information.

Drywall installer? COOL! I've done that, that's hard!! Wet sand or dry sand? Why? How wide to feather the mud before it seems redundant?

Bus driver? COOL! What's the fastest way from point A to point B? Have you ever had a mechanical issue while you were driving a busload of passengers? Yikes, what happened?

School teacher? COOL! Do you really have to buy your own supplies? How do you feel about the IStep? What grade/ class would you be afraid to teach & why?

I can fire away at anyone, in any profession. (and I do, when I encounter them IRL).

This is a forum, so a more captive audience.

But wow, I didn't expect to be accused of plotting to commit a crime or be reported for wondering why cops follow me in my gangsta car.

lol, funny, but silly. There is such a thing as curious, law abiding citizens. The cops who actually know me, who live in my town, who I've interacted with from time to time don't think of me as a threat; they have had positive interactions with me, and have phenomenal memories, cuz I have no idea who they are, but they'll remember some nice, random thing I once did. Oh yeah. That was me, good memory, pally! TY for your role in that, etc.

So... idk. Sometimes, people aren't up to anything but plotting to gain more knowledge. Y'know who i'd be suspicious of, the 'movie/ book/ interview' forums. Anyone could say they are doing anything, and ask you stuff that would actually helkp them commit a crime, but maybe you are more trusting because they say they are from Hollywood... Seriously. Be as suspicious of them as you are of random visitors. No way my questions are more red flag-y than people claiming to be doing something for the sake of publicity.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19126 users online. 495 members and 18631 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X