300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hypermiling & going the speed limit

When I was researching hypermiling, the consensus was that it's riskiest to drive the speed limit; cops always assume someone is drunk if they aren't going at least a couple mph over, and they'll drive up next to the speed limit driver, to see if they are drunk.

Lol, is that true? Is driving the speed limit really that suspicious?

Originally posted by curioser View Post

It's the law..........................
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

When I was researching hypermiling, the consensus was that it's riskiest to drive the speed limit; cops always assume someone is drunk if they aren't going at least a couple mph over, and they'll drive up next to the speed limit driver, to see if they are drunk.

Cops don't "always assume" ANYTHING. We also don't drive up next to someone "to see if they are drunk". We observe their driving.

I personally don't have an issue with people going a couple of mph over the speed limit..but someone actually following the law and going the speed limit is not suspicious -- especially with a cop car trailing them. Now, someone going significantly below the speed limit for no apparent reason is going to get my attention.

Comment

Preposterous. The consensus among WHOM?

You're listening to people who have no idea what they're talking about.
        You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt5811 View Post

Preposterous. The consensus among WHOM?
          Among hypermiling drunks, apparently.

I wonder if they have their own forum?

Comment

lol, that's what I thought! I had always driven the speed limit before I read that, then I got concerned- though I'd *never* experienced anything like that before.

They were saying that in defense of their road rage causing 'pulse & glide'. Wow. Drive behind someone like that, it'll make ya homicidal in about 20 seconds.

Comment

Hypermiling is actually a thing?
              Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
              "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
              Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
                Hypermiling is actually a thing?

Yes, they will shut off the engine and coast down hills and other asinine driving habits.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11280 users online. 343 members and 10937 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X