Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can security guards in gated communities roll through stop signs?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobbyH View Post
    I just think it's strange that security guards can drive around in gated communities and not have to obey their own speeding and stop sign rules. Isn't the point of stopping at a stop sign to avoid putting people in danger?
    You mean like YOU did?

Why would I say I stopped at the stop sign? I said I did a rolling stop. And no, I wasn't personally offended. I don't know where you got that from. I'm just trying to get out of paying the huge fine. Do you actually think that I believe I'm the only person in this community who received a ticket? You sound like you're extremely offended by my post.
    You openly admit to the violation, but you just don't want to be punished for it. So you're saying it's not that you're a hypocrite, it's that you're a jerk?

I suppose if you have nothing else, you can try the "But Mom, all the other kids are doing it" defense. Throw poop against the wall and see if it sticks.

Yes, I am offended by your post. You have befouled our forum with your smelly attitude, in much the same way as someone taking a crap in our swimming pool.

Here's my advice.... Grow up and pay your ticket.
    You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

I'll tell a short story that will explain the situation as I see it. Years ago, a guy got a citation for running a stop sign and his defense in city court was "Well the officer ran it too, as he was leaving". The judge told him the citation was given to him and not the officer and that was not an excuse. (Similar to the same thing my mom used to say..... if everyone jumped off a cliff, would you too?........

So, if you have an issue with the security guy not stopping, contact his supervisor. It has NOTHING to do with your case and just makes it sound very petty and childish.

I used to hear a deal fairly often from speeders: "But I was just keeping up with the other traffic", to which I would normally ask them "Ever go fishing and catch ALL the fish at once?" In other words, we catch violators one and a time and what everyone else is doing has no bearing on YOUR case.
      If your biggest work-related fear is getting a paper cut, don't try and tell a cop how to do his job.

Comment

Yes, I get dumber by the minute because I ask questions based on logic. You, on the other hand, can't say a single thing of substance and have to resort to personal attacks. And what do you mean by "us"? Two people already responded to me saying that cops don't have jurisdiction in gated communities. I was given a ticket and the option to appeal the ticket in which I'm allowed to voice my opinion to the HOA. How is that any different from talking to a judge? They listen to you and decide to either let you off or stick with their decision. I asked some questions in here in order to be better informed for my appeal. If you think my question was dumb, you shouldn't have replied. But of course you did, because you're looking to pick on someone because you're a bully and a troll.
        Judges rule under the LAW.
        HOAs decide based on committee.

Logic? You base your entire argument on “but they do it...” That’s not logic, that’s whining.

You are indeed an idiot.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I'm still curious as to who gave the OP the ticket?
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Contracted Security for the HOA. He STILL can’t understand that he signed the CCRs and must abide by them.

Comment

Comment

And this dip tard stopped for yellow flashing lights and signed a "moving traffic violation" from a securiry company... WTF what a moron.LOL
                I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                  And this dip tard stopped for yellow flashing lights and signed a "moving traffic violation" from a securiry company... WTF what a moron.LOL
                  He didn't say he stopped for anybody or signed anything. He said he was mailed a notice three months later.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Judges rule under the LAW.
                    HOAs decide based on committee.

Logic? You base your entire argument on “but they do it...” That’s not logic, that’s whining.

You are indeed an idiot.
                    Yes, it's logic. I didn't know if cops had jurisdiction in gated communities, so it's logical to ask about that. Duh.
                    I love how most of you people throw insults and didn't even bother to read my posts. Typical. 99% of trolls online barely read anything anyway. They just jump on the bandwagon with the other two-digit IQ members. Here are the facts:

I was mailed a ticket 3 months later. I am not personally offended by it. I'm sure they do it all the time. All I care about is trying to get out of paying the ticket. If it doesn't work, I don't care. It is worth an attempt in my opinion. I don't know why people think it's hilarious to voice my opinions at the hearing. You've obviously never been to any HOA meetings/appeals. People argue with them all the time. And if you don't act like a maniac, and just calmly present your side, sometimes they change their mind. I think it's hilarious there are people in here who are saying I'm whining. You fools are the whiners. Getting personally offended at a question. I don't know why you bothered to answer. As far as I'm concerned this thread was over after the second reply.
                    Last edited by BobbyH; 11-19-2017, 10:19 PM.

Comment

I'm an HOA Board Member. So...you're kind of looking pretty stupid right now.

You don't get to dictate the answers you receive on here. Don't like them? Leave.

Bye Bye.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                        I'm an HOA Board Member. So...you're kind of looking pretty stupid right now.

You don't get to dictate the answers you receive on here. Don't like them? Leave.

Bye Bye.
                        I'll repeat myself since you're too stupid to remember something for more than 30 seconds. "Two people already responded to me saying that cops don't have jurisdiction in gated communities." The first two replies were helpful. The fact you admit you're an HOA board member after acting like a little brat is damn funny. God help the people you have power over. They have an arrogant middle school bully looking after them. If I had known posting in here would be no different from a youtube video, I never would have. Enjoy the rest of your life with your non-intimidating online bullying.

Comment

I'll repeat myself since you're too stupid to remember something for more than 30 seconds. "Two people already responded to me saying that cops don't have jurisdiction in gated communities." The first two replies were helpful. The fact you admit you're an HOA board member after acting like a little brat is damn funny. God help the people you have power over. They have an arrogant middle school bully looking after them. If I had known posting in here would be no different from a youtube video, I never would have. Enjoy the rest of your life with your non-intimidating online bullying.
                          So... Full Retard is about your speed there BobbyH.

Enjoy paying your fine.

Dumbass.
                          Last edited by CCCSD; 11-20-2017, 01:09 AM.

Comment

. "Two people already responded to me saying that cops don't have jurisdiction in gated communities." .
                            That is not necessarily true everywhere..................another poster stated if the HOA had an agreement with the city police the PoPo COULD have jurisdiction.

HINT: if the gated community has "official city streets" that are maintained by the city ...........you are fair game for the PoPo under city code as well as under the HOA covenants

The laws vary depending on the EXACT circumstances.

CCCSD is correct for his area.............................

Like I said before.............go ahead and appeal it through the HOA.

AND have your check book ready

In case you haven't found out....................we don't like whiners here
                            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Last edited by BobbyH; 12-06-2017, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Bobby.......The posters here have given a variety of responses that are true in different parts of the country. You obviously did not understand Iowa's post....cops have jurisdiction for everything within their area of employment. Gated communities are not the equivalent of a college safe space. If the cop is in the community and sees a violation he is certainly allowed to enforce the law. That being said a neighboring community has placed stop signs at various intersections, but since for esthetic reasons they chose not to meet the city's code requirement for stop signs. City cops will not enforce violations for those stop signs. We post a 25 mph speed limit on our private road which the cops are more than happy to enforce. A private entity cannot limit the authority of a government's law enforcement agency. And a condo board or hoa can set and enforce whatever rules it chooses, however it chooses to enforce them even with rolling stops.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17856 users online. 447 members and 17409 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X