Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can security guards in gated communities roll through stop signs?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can security guards in gated communities roll through stop signs?

I live in a gated community and received a $250 fine for rolling through a stop sign (notified by mail three months later). I was curious how often people roll through stop signs in my community, so now whenever I take walks I film people at stop signs and I’d say 99% of them do not come to a complete stop. I even have footage of security guards rolling through stop signs, I hope to show this footage at my appeal. The community guidelines have a list of what constitutes reckless driving, and not coming to a complete stop is one of them. I figure if I show them that almost no one, including security guards, comes to a complete stop, then basically everyone here is a reckless driver and they should be a bit more lenient.

Anyway, I was wondering if security guards are allowed to speed and roll through stop signs in the gated communities that they work in. If a police officer was in the community, would he/she be allowed to issue a ticket to a security guard? Or do normal traffic laws not apply in gated communities?

Private Property. You’re in their house, follow their rules. Local PD wouldn’t have any jurisdiction in enforcing traffic infractions. Pay your fine and move on.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyH View Post
      I live in a gated community and received a $250 fine for rolling through a stop sign (notified by mail three months later). I was curious how often people roll through stop signs in my community, so now whenever I take walks I film people at stop signs and I’d say 99% of them do not come to a complete stop. I even have footage of security guards rolling through stop signs, I hope to show this footage at my appeal. The community guidelines have a list of what constitutes reckless driving, and not coming to a complete stop is one of them. I figure if I show them that almost no one, including security guards, comes to a complete stop, then basically everyone here is a reckless driver and they should be a bit more lenient.

Anyway, I was wondering if security guards are allowed to speed and roll through stop signs in the gated communities that they work in. If a police officer was in the community, would he/she be allowed to issue a ticket to a security guard? Or do normal traffic laws not apply in gated communities?
      Fight it through you Neighborhood Association.

THEN you will find out what is allowed, what is done, and how the retaliation is when you ruffle the feathers
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I’m sure everyone is happy you are filming them...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Odd that you haven't said that you DID in fact stop at the sign. Okay, maybe it isnt so odd.

So you got a ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign, and were SO personally offended by this blatantly unfair miscarriage of justice, that you decided to spend all of your free time video recording others who also fail to stop.

This is without question the most childish complaint I've ever seen posted.

You really need to grow up and take your medicine.
          You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

Man! I’d pay to be at that HOA meeting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              Man! I’d pay to be at that HOA meeting!!!
              Sure hope they have a whaaaambulance standing by.
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt5811 View Post

Odd that you haven't said that you DID in fact stop at the sign. Okay, maybe it isnt so odd.

So you got a ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign, and were SO personally offended by this blatantly unfair miscarriage of justice, that you decided to spend all of your free time video recording others who also fail to stop.

This is without question the most childish complaint I've ever seen posted.

You really need to grow up and take your medicine.
                Why would I say I stopped at the stop sign? I said I did a rolling stop. And no, I wasn't personally offended. I don't know where you got that from. I'm just trying to get out of paying the huge fine. Do you actually think that I believe I'm the only person in this community who received a ticket? You sound like you're extremely offended by my post.

And no, I don't spend all my free time video recording others. When I went for a walk a few times, I recorded some people, including several guards, failing to stop at stop signs. What do you think is the purpose of HOA having an appeals hearing? So you can try to convince them of your side. If it doesn't work, whatever. But I don't see the harm in presenting my opinions. And I just wanted to know if police officers were allowed to give out traffic tickets in gated communities. Now I know they can't. Although I find that very strange.
                Last edited by BobbyH; 11-18-2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Why would I say I stopped at the stop sign? I said I did a rolling stop. And no, I wasn't personally offended. I don't know where you got that from. I'm just trying to get out of paying the huge fine. Do you actually think that I believe I'm the only person in this community who received a ticket? You sound like you're extremely offended by my post.

And no, I don't spend all my free time video recording others. When I went for a walk a few times, I recorded some people, including several guards, failing to stop at stop signs. What do you think is the purpose of HOA having an appeals hearing? So you can try to convince them of your side. If it doesn't work, whatever. But I don't see the harm in presenting my opinions. And I just wanted to know if police officers were allowed to give out traffic tickets in gated communities. Now I know they can't. Although I find that very strange.
                  Why do you find that strange? Would you like a police officer coming in to your private residence and citing you for minor infractions? LEO have more important things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post

Why do you find that strange? Would you like a police officer coming in to your private residence and citing you for minor infractions? LEO have more important things to do.
                    I just think it's strange that security guards can drive around in gated communities and not have to obey their own speeding and stop sign rules. Isn't the point of stopping at a stop sign to avoid putting people in danger? Security guards don't have sirens and they aren't allowed to pull people over. They're basically just citizens who don't have to obey traffic rules. If a police officer were in a gated community for some reason and witnessed a person speeding and running through stop signs, I find it strange that they can't pull them over.

Comment

I just think it's strange that security guards can drive around in gated communities and not have to obey their own speeding and stop sign rules. Isn't the point of stopping at a stop sign to avoid putting people in danger? Security guards don't have sirens and they aren't allowed to pull people over. They're basically just citizens who don't have to obey traffic rules. If a police officer were in a gated community for some reason and witnessed a person speeding and running through stop signs, I find it strange that they can't pull them over.
                      You get dumber each time you post. Have an issue? Talk to the HOA. Not us.

Comment

So who stopped you and gave you the ticket, top flight security or a deputy or police officer? And yes law enforcement can go in and cite for violations in gated communities. It's private property just like shopping centers. If you ever notice as you pull into a shopping center there is a white sign posted at every entrance. It's the agreement that all traffic and parking laws of the vehicle or enforceable. If such sign is posted at the entrance of the gated community then your on the hook.

now there are ways to get out if the ticket, but I'll let you figure out how.
                        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Double post
                          Last edited by moparfan; 11-19-2017, 03:01 PM.
                          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

You get dumber each time you post. Have an issue? Talk to the HOA. Not us.
                            Yes, I get dumber by the minute because I ask questions based on logic. You, on the other hand, can't say a single thing of substance and have to resort to personal attacks. And what do you mean by "us"? Two people already responded to me saying that cops don't have jurisdiction in gated communities. I was given a ticket and the option to appeal the ticket in which I'm allowed to voice my opinion to the HOA. How is that any different from talking to a judge? They listen to you and decide to either let you off or stick with their decision. I asked some questions in here in order to be better informed for my appeal. If you think my question was dumb, you shouldn't have replied. But of course you did, because you're looking to pick on someone because you're a bully and a troll.

Comment

I’ve had a number of people try the excuse of ‘Yes I did it but look at these other people doing it too’. I’m yet to see it work at court. The fact that others do the wrong thing doesn’t mean that your ticket is invalid.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11808 users online. 331 members and 11477 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X