Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does a dispatch search work?

Greetings,

I got pulled over and failed to produce my license. It was valid and out of state at the time. The thing is, for some reason they could not find me in the system, so I got an additional charge for not actually having a license at all. I checked the status of my license online and ordered a driver record abstract from that state in case something happened to it, and it showed that it was valid. So can you please let me know how the dispatch process works so that I can better understand why I was not found?

I did notice the wrong birth date was written on the citation. I think that is likely the reason they could not find me. They mentioned they could not search by social security number. They did manage to find my old license in a nearby state I used to live in by using my name.

I also got failure to update address, which I am guilty of since I had been living and working in state for a while by that time. Ironically, I had actually forgotten my address, since so much time had passed and the address was quite long and confusing, that they could not search by address either.

I was actually arrested and taken in because of this, and would really just like to understand the process better.

Thank you for your time.

Edit : I was also cited for not carrying a license, in addition to not having a valid driver license. I was certainly at fault for not carrying a license on me, but this was a traffic ticket and not having a license is actually criminal traffic in my state, so they are separate charges.
    Last edited by Adam354; 11-09-2017, 09:41 AM.

Originally posted by Adam354 View Post
    Greetings,

I got pulled over and failed to produce my license. It was valid and out of state at the time. The thing is, for some reason they could not find me in the system, so I got an additional charge for not actually having a license at all. I checked the status of my license online and ordered a driver record abstract from that state in case something happened to it, and it showed that it was valid. So can you please let me know how the dispatch process works so that I can better understand why I was not found?

I did notice the wrong birth date was written on the citation. I think that is likely the reason they could not find me. They mentioned they could not search by social security number. They did manage to find my old license in a nearby state I used to live in by using my name.

I also got failure to update address, which I am guilty of since I had been living and working in state for a while by that time. Ironically, I had actually forgotten my address, since so much time had passed and the address was quite long and confusing, that they could not search by address either.

I was actually arrested and taken in because of this, and would really just like to understand the process better.

Thank you for your time.
    The records are computerized
    Greetings,

So can you please let me know how the dispatch process works so that I can better understand why I was not found?

Computerized records can be inaccurate

Greetings,

crap happens
    Greetings,

Like I said above crap happens and errors happen
    You obviously are partially to blame becasue you didnt' update your status and "forgot" your address..................Had you done those things you probably wouldn't have had problems

BY THE WAY.........................EVERY state requries you carry your license when driving ............so once again YOU were at fault
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

The records are computerized

Computerized records can be inaccurate

crap happens

Like I said above crap happens and errors happen
      You obviously are partially to blame becasue you didnt' update your status and "forgot" your address..................Had you done those things you probably wouldn't have had problems

BY THE WAY.........................EVERY state requries you carry your license when driving ............so once again YOU were at fault
      Thank you for your comments sir. You are right I was also cited additionally for not showing my drivers license. I have edited that in the original post as well.

Comment

I had it happen with me atleast twice. On one I wrote her for Driiving While Unlicensed because she didn't have them with her and nothing returned with her name and DOB. She brought her valid license with her to court so I had it reduced to No License on Person.

Don't know why those rare occasions happen. About 99% of the time we get something back.

Comment

As above, officers and dispatchers can make entry mistakes or the computer or record system could be to blame. I had an officer I would always get on for writing on his hand which got him to put inaccurate information down on citations and police reports. Also, he had bad writing so it was hard to tell what he wrote on paper.

We all mistakes, but sometimes the person providing personal information to an officer gives incorrect information on purpose or by accident. Best bet is to follow the law by having all of correct and accurate information on your driver license and to provide that physical license to the officer upon demand.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13068 users online. 340 members and 12728 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X