X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grunt2LEO
    replied
    Originally posted by deaconsteve View Post

...or, it's to set up a pit maneuver for someone who is necro posting.
    lmao

Leave a comment:

• Curt5811
    replied
    Let the dead (thread) rest in peace.

Leave a comment:

• DeaconSteve
    replied
    Originally posted by mlb30 View Post
    90 percent of the time its to catch up to a car that looks like it has some goodies in it so we can get a plate but yall wanna go 20 mph under the limit when in reality your car is not even on our radar
    ...or, it's to set up a pit maneuver for someone who is necro posting.

Leave a comment:

• mlb30
    replied
    90 percent of the time its to catch up to a car that looks like it has some goodies in it so we can get a plate but yall wanna go 20 mph under the limit when in reality your car is not even on our radar

Leave a comment:

• tj05
    replied
    Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
    The only experience of police tailgating me, was in Mass at like 3AM. I was in the left lane cruising slightly above the speed limit, a Trooper came up behind me and started tail gating me. I pulled in the right lane and he followed me, stayed behind me for a few mins and pulled off at the next exit. Guess he was just checking my out of state plates, found nothing wrong and went on his way.
    I'm guessing he was looking for a DUI.

Leave a comment:

• ThinBlue___10-41
    replied
    I'm new to this...my apologies I see the date now

Leave a comment:

• DepTroop
    replied
    Originally posted by ThinBlue___10-41 View Post
    Maybe trying to read your license plate. Not excusing the unsafe distance but that's the only reason I'd get close. Usually the public drives 50 in a 55 when police are behind them, while we're going to the highest priority call that doesn't warrant emergency traffic.
    Necropost much?

Leave a comment:

• ThinBlue___10-41
    replied
    Originally posted by LS1mark View Post
    About, lets say, 35-40% of the cops that are behind me, tailgate me. Today was the worst I encountered. I was driving in a 55 zone two lane and had my cruise control set at exactly 55. She was tailgating me so close that I could tell what color eye liner she had! NO NOT REALLY, BUT, She was dangerously close and if I had to slam on my brakes, she would have....no doubt...rear ended me.
    My #1 pet peeve is tailgaters and #2 is LEFT LANE HOGS!!
    Maybe trying to read your license plate. Not excusing the unsafe distance but that's the only reason I'd get close. Usually the public drives 50 in a 55 when police are behind them, while we're going to the highest priority call that doesn't warrant emergency traffic.

Leave a comment:

• Koala45
    replied
    Two reasons I might get close -

(1) I need you to get out of my way so I get get to where I need to be.

(2) I want to read your license plate or the sticker on it.

Leave a comment:

• Striker Eureka
    replied
    The only experience of police tailgating me, was in Mass at like 3AM. I was in the left lane cruising slightly above the speed limit, a Trooper came up behind me and started tail gating me. I pulled in the right lane and he followed me, stayed behind me for a few mins and pulled off at the next exit. Guess he was just checking my out of state plates, found nothing wrong and went on his way.

Leave a comment:

• AppState
    replied
    I'm just drafting to get better gas mileage to save our wonderful taxpayers money.

You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Little_J_tittlesworth
    replied
    I drove that truck when I was 17. I am twice that age now. It seemed pretty funny when I was that age. Im glad I never got in trouble. Thanks for noticing my post, I read much and write little. Have a great day

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    So... Based on your limited posts, why are you trying so hard to be confronted?

Leave a comment:

• Little_J_tittlesworth
    replied
    Originally posted by eaker995 View Post
    I just like the smell of the exhaust.
    I used to drive an old diesel truck that would blow smoke clouds when I accelerated. When I had someone tailgating me, I would slow down and then floor it back up to the speed limit. It never took more than twice to make anyone back off. One night I did that to a car tailgating me, and sure enough they backed off and then passed me. It was a sheriff, he did not pull me over, I felt like an *sshole, but a lucky one.

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    Why do cops tailgate?
    To see if you're black, so we can pull you over.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2344 users online. 144 members and 2200 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X