Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army here too with combat deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't know about others but all that gives me beyond an occasional "thank you" is a 10% discount at Lowe's (home improvement store for those that don't have one).

I.fix.stuff- the problem with your post is mainly that you resurrected a seven year old post in what appears to be a baiting type question. To comply with the rules of the forum, if you wish your question to be answered, start your own topic where you are the original poster with a question and the question may or may not be answered. Be advised, however, this forum is not an obligation nor is it in any form of "official" capacity, therefore the answers you receive may not be what you want nor in a manner in which you want it. Just as you are free to ask a question, we are free to answer it in any manner we feel is acceptable to your question and subsequent responses. You don't get to dictate the responses or comments made. In the end, this is a law enforcement forums that allows public input, not a public forum with law enforcement present.

Comment

Originally posted by i.fix.stuff
      umm, this is the public forums "ask a Cop"

I know I am getting under your skin, but why is that? I sincerely want to see an era where Law Enforcement is respected because they earn it. Currently, for us motorists sharing the road with you it is very hard to respect you. I come here, find a thead on topic, and get pushed around by you for asking a few simple questions. Why don't you answer direct simple questions? let me bullet them for you.

1. Do you consider high speed tailgating dangerous?
      2. Do regulations allow you to engage in high speed tailgating to move traffic over?

I would be happy with answers to those questions.
      That would be enough right there to be banned under the TOS of this forum................

You are an idiot. Plain and simply and Idiot. No one begged you to come on this forum and start spewing your venom, however you did so. Now you get to go away......................Your post has been reported
      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Wow, this is why respect for Law Enforcement is at an all time low. You realize when you tailgate you are in fact operating your vehicle in a dangerous manner right? You also come across as a bully thug with a badge. I sincerely mean this, I want the public to be able to respect Law Enforcement as an Agency who value honor and integrity.

When you are in a hurry, you can easily move traffic out of your way safely without tailgating. It is very simple, get to the proper safe distance and flash your Head lights when you can see that the car in front of you can safely move over. If they don't briefly flash your light bar. Virtually everyone will move when they see Law Enforcement behind them. When you tailgate, they will slow down, no one speeds up when a cop is behind them because no one trusts Law Enforcement because you do often engage in baiting people into breaking the law. when you tailgate the cars in the other lanes also slow down making it very hard for the car in your way to get over inducing your own rolling roadblock in your way. The quickest way to move cars out of your way is the safest as I described.

As far as reading tags, if you can't read them from a safe distance, then your corrected eyesight is not good enough for highway speeds. If the plate is dirty or obscured, by all means safely pull them over and cite them if so choose or at least make them clean them. Cite drivers illegally in the passing lane too, most drivers will think better of you doing that.

Tell me, are you authorized by regulations to being withing a car length of someone at highway speeds? Do the regulations allow you to operate dangerously? I know if I drove like that and Law Enforcement witnessed it, I would get pulled over and cited because it is one of the most dangerous things to do on a highway which accident statistics will back up.

I did 30 years in the Military, and I think this is why this upsets me so much. We value Duty, Honor, Country, something that appears to be in complete opposition to Law Enforcement these days, and that is a real shame.

tell me, because I would really like
        I could come back at you with why are all military personnel rapists while their leaders look the other way? As this seems to be what the media would have us believe. I won't, because I know that a very few make everyone look bad and the media only sensationalizes things.
        Last edited by Zeitgeist; 12-26-2014, 12:54 PM.
        Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by LS1mark View Post
          About, lets say, 35-40% of the cops that are behind me, tailgate me. Today was the worst I encountered. I was driving in a 55 zone two lane and had my cruise control set at exactly 55. She was tailgating me so close that I could tell what color eye liner she had! NO NOT REALLY, BUT, She was dangerously close and if I had to slam on my brakes, she would have....no doubt...rear ended me.
          My #1 pet peeve is tailgaters and #2 is LEFT LANE HOGS!!
          How about this GTFO of the Left Lane. I would have pulled your as- over and ticketed you for being in the passing lane. WTF are you that person who sits in the left lane and refuses to move? Try that sh-- in NY and your teeth will get knocke3d out and that cop will be the one saving your as-.
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

umm, this is the public forums "ask a Cop"

I know I am getting under your skin, but why is that? I sincerely want to see an era where Law Enforcement is respected because they earn it. Currently, for us motorists sharing the road with you it is very hard to respect you. I come here, find a thead on topic, and get pushed around by you for asking a few simple questions. Why don't you answer direct simple questions? let me bullet them for you.

1. Do you consider high speed tailgating dangerous?
            2. Do regulations allow you to engage in high speed tailgating to move traffic over?

I would be happy with answers to those questions.
            Who The Fu-- do you think you are? Coming in here and telling us how to act and to answer your question.. Let me Bullet this for you'
            1- GFY'
            2-Read Number 1
            MDRDEP:

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
              I could come back at you with why are all military personnel rapists while their leaders look the other way? As this seems to be what the media would have us believe. I won't, because I know that a very few make everyone look bad and the media only sensationalizes things.
              Don't entertain this ****** bag sister- Who the fu-- does he think he is coming in here talking to us, like we're fuc-i--g retards and demanding an answer. I want to throat punch him for bringing this thread back.
              Last edited by jcioccke; 12-26-2014, 01:18 PM.
              MDRDEP:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                  I know, but I'm a little touchy these next few days with our two brothers being buried tomorrow..
                  MDRDEP:

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                    I know, but I'm a little touchy these next few days with our two brothers being buried tomorrow..
                    Got that right.
                    Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                      Also ------Occasionally I like to play with my food before I eat it.........................
                      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                        Also ------Occasionally I like to play with my food before I eat it.........................

Comment

I'm wondering if he is just another "one post wonder" who comes on and trolls for a night then runs off giggling like a boy who saw his first bra, or if he will respond to any of us or make his own topic like I suggested. He'll get the same responses, but just to see if he will play nice or not.

Comment

You are not a cop, so you should not be posting on this thread.

How's that for direction?
                            +1000000
                            Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Gioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by 11b101abn View Post
                                Gioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo!
                                LMAO- This is why I don't leave our group much.. I'm not good in public on my own time
                                MDRDEP:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4387 users online. 285 members and 4102 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X