Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say 9 times out of 10 if I'm following someone that close it's because I'm trying to read the registration tab on the plate or a temporary plate in the back window. Sometimes I'm looking for the seat belt buckle dangling next to their shoulder also since my state has a primary seat belt law..

Comment

Having a patrol car behind me sets my nerves off and I have to turn off or change lanes. I don't know why it rattles me so much-I have even swirved a bit because I was watching in my rear view mirror.
      "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

If I’m tail grabbing your rear it’s because of the following.

1. Running your tag and checking you driver’s license.

2. Watching your driving pattern.

3. Watching what’s going on in the vehicle.

4. Getting ready to pull you over.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LS1mark
          Yes it is the motor,

I have a 1999 C5, but it stays in the garage most of the time. It's my sunday driver. I have a Borla system and modified intake. It's ironic I never get tailgated in that car, only in my 05 Tahoe.

Ever had the T/A at the track? If so what were you running? I used to go and hit the Bracket scene in Richmond when I first got the car. I ran consistent 12.7-9s @ 112-114.
          A Tahoe? Maybe she was checking to see if you had spinners? Seriously though, if you were on a 2 lane and in the right lane with her behind you, why didn't you change to the left lane and see if she'd pass? No one said you have to RIDE the left lane, and then if she pulled you over, you could tell her the afore mentioned reason that you thought she needed to get by quicker and you were just accomidating her. Otherwise, don't fret.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah
            I'd say 9 times out of 10 if I'm following someone that close it's because I'm trying to read the registration tab on the plate or a temporary plate in the back window. Sometimes I'm looking for the seat belt buckle dangling next to their shoulder also since my state has a primary seat belt law..
            Michigans tags aren't color coded to tell expiration? Illinois' are so the officer can tell from a good distance if a tag is exp. As far as the seatbelts, riding the tail to tell seems alittle unsafe. She could've just pulled along side and seen the same from the 3/4 view I would think.

Comment

I get right up on other vehicles so I can see the plate- espically at night, and particulary to read crappy plates. At night, N's, M's, W's- you get the point- all start to look the same. Maybe I'm in denial that I need glasses...

Comment

Originally posted by aftermath View Post
                Michigans tags aren't color coded to tell expiration? Illinois' are so the officer can tell from a good distance if a tag is exp. As far as the seatbelts, riding the tail to tell seems alittle unsafe. She could've just pulled along side and seen the same from the 3/4 view I would think.
                Yes, Michigan has colored tabs, it's the month (JAN, FEB, MAR...) that can be tricky to see at night. Then you have the creative people who color the tabs themselves or try to change the month with a permanent marker, have them partially covered with plate frames, etc.. Life would be a lot easier in that respect if we had MCT's, but my agency doesn't. If I'm on a multi-lane street, then yeah, ride up beside them. Other than that, it's get up close for a couple seconds then back off or hope for a red light/stop sign.

-N

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                  Yes, Michigan has colored tabs, it's the month (JAN, FEB, MAR...) that can be tricky to see at night. Then you have the creative people who color the tabs themselves or try to change the month with a permanent marker, have them partially covered with plate frames, etc.. Life would be a lot easier in that respect if we had MCT's, but my agency doesn't. If I'm on a multi-lane street, then yeah, ride up beside them. Other than that, it's get up close for a couple seconds then back off or hope for a red light/stop sign.

-N

lmfao. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post

-N
                    I had a genius put black marker over white out on his NM plate to change the 05 to an 06...

Comment

tailgate? thats the only way old eyes can see those dirty plates and run them via the DMV data base( most stolen rides tend not to be washed and waxed,so you got to get close to run the plate before the fool decides to run for it) most of the time the local idiots will place paper dealer plates on their G-rides,so its fun to get close and read I got mine in '07 from "franks chevrolet" on a busted up 89 honda full of shaved head cholos looking back at you......
                      "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by redbird07 View Post

My POINT was that if you pull over, get out of the way, ect., the officer will either stop behind you or drive on by. Either way you will either have helped the officer by getting out of his/her way OR find out the reason he is following you.
                        Not according to this contradictory thread...
                        http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66104
                        where they discuss the option of ticketing people for "non-emergency stops" on a highway.

It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't scenarios.

Comment

if you cant read the tag,by :normal: distance...by all means...eat them up.also,if the person[s] are acting strange..eat them up anyway..the guilty dog always barks.thats what happens,if your tag is not legible,,or your being an idiot.

Comment

with all due respect

Comment

Main reason

Originally posted by LS1mark View Post
                              About, lets say, 35-40% of the cops that are behind me, tailgate me. Today was the worst I encountered. I was driving in a 55 zone two lane and had my cruise control set at exactly 55. She was tailgating me so close that I could tell what color eye liner she had! NO NOT REALLY, BUT, She was dangerously close and if I had to slam on my brakes, she would have....no doubt...rear ended me.
                              My #1 pet peeve is tailgaters and #2 is LEFT LANE HOGS!!
                              I did that tonight three times. I was going to a domestic in progress and the other unit going was closer than me so I had to get to him quick but we can't go code unless weapons are involved. The other one was a domestic and the other one that I ended up going code anyway was a discovered open window on an alarm call at a residence and the unit was standing by for me to make entry to clear the home. Each time I was behind some slow grandmom driving a###### slowing down cause they were probably suspended or had weed in the car and I could care less my priority was to get to the other officer. Next time get out of his or her way...
                              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

A lot of times we are trying to see the expiration date on your tabs. Looking for pc to pull you over.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4103 users online. 286 members and 3817 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X