Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than likely, they're not paying a bit of attention to you. If an officer has followed you that many times trying to find a reason to stop you, they would have stopped you by now. Most drivers can't drive more than a quarter mile without giving an officer probable cause to stop.

Like the others said, they are probably trying to get to a call. Where I work, the only calls that we normally run code to are in progress shootings, burglaries and robberies. Other than those or an officer needing backup code 3, we just get get there as fast as we can without the lights/sirens.

So, next time you look in your mirror and see an officer "tailgating" you, they're probably trying to get to the domestic in progress that he just got sent on or some other call that is pressing. Please make every effort to get out of thier way. If it were you they were coming to help, wouldn't you want us there as quickly as possible?

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for the relplies.

pujolsfan146,
      If you were to have to slam on your brakes maybe you are driving dangerously close to the car ahead of you.
      I don't tailgate. I can think of situations that happened to me or I witnessed that warrant slamming on my brakes. I live in an area with ALOT of deer. Enough about that. Also, as funny as it might seem, we have alot of wild turkeys. They are not exactly graceful!! I was a passenger in a taveling car when the turkey flew out of the woods, about 3 feet off the ground. We hit the poor bird doing about 50 and I can tell you, it went through the safty glass. No one hurt but a turkey can do some pretty serious damage.

Many of you made some good points that I never thought of or just plain didn't know as I am not in this field. I.E. I thought that you would use your lights on any call you get. But now I know you don't use your lights on every call.

Thanks

Comment

I've had multiple encounters like this. I was with my cousin one day and he was being "tailgated" for about 2 miles in the middle lane, If the officer wanted to they could have passed. So the minute he picked up speed, lights went on and he got a speeding ticket.
        2004 Satin Silver RSX Type S
        Jackson Racing Supercharged @ 15 psi
        384.3 Wheel Horsepower.
        333.2 Wheel Torque.

Comment

Haha thats funny he got a ticket, why would he speed up if a police officer was following him? Stupid! To me the speed limit means thats the max speed you are supposed to travel in the best conditions.

Comment

Police don't tailgate me. I move to the right! We have a law that states you must yield to the right for faster moving traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mejo83
              Haha thats funny he got a ticket, why would he speed up if a police officer was following him? Stupid! To me the speed limit means thats the max speed you are supposed to travel in the best conditions.
              We couldn't even see the officers headlights and we were in a lowered car... there was a car to our right, and one to the left. So he sped up to get in front of the car to the right of him to get out of the officers way.
              384.3 Wheel Horsepower.
              333.2 Wheel Torque.

Comment

Originally posted by Modified Import
                we were in a lowered car...
                I think people should get tickets for driving those cars period. ;-)

Comment

lol-
                  omg, that's awesome.

Originally posted by JKralC104
                  Cuz thats how we roll.

Comment

You slow down and merge right. Why does everyone think you have to speed up to merge?

Comment

Just like they have to speed up to get in front of you so they can turn and efficiently stop any and all traffic. They can't just slow down and get behind. It doesn't matter whether I am in a marked car or my own POV. Just one of my pet peaves.

Comment

mark...does the ls1 stand for the motor, ie. camaro, trans-am, vette, caddy, trailblaser ss, ect? if you were in a performance vehicle, maybe she was just listening to your exhaust(if you have one) just stating from experiences in my t/a...lol...
                        dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Sometimes on the way to an injury accident, I'll get up close behind somebody, and position my vehicle so my driver side headlight is in line with their driver side rear view mirror. They see me, they see how close I am, and they generally get over pretty quickly.

If you're driving along and you see police personnel driving close behind you, you're being a part of the problem if you're wondering why they're so close, rather than moving over and getting out of the way. Lights on or not.

Comment

99 Fenix mark...does the ls1 stand for the motor, ie. camaro, trans-am, vette, caddy, trailblaser ss, ect? if you were in a performance vehicle, maybe she was just listening to your exhaust(if you have one) just stating from experiences in my t/a...lol...
                            Yes it is the motor,

I have a 1999 C5, but it stays in the garage most of the time. It's my sunday driver. I have a Borla system and modified intake. It's ironic I never get tailgated in that car, only in my 05 Tahoe.

Ever had the T/A at the track? If so what were you running? I used to go and hit the Bracket scene in Richmond when I first got the car. I ran consistent 12.7-9s @ 112-114.

Comment

12.6 on street tires...i want to put DR on it, but not till i get a new rear end...because i cant afford a enw rear end right now!!! lol...expecting 12.1 with radials...ls6 intake manifold in the mail

its not stock by the way...i wont mention exact mods...just going to say full bolt ons
                              dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Originally posted by jrogers13
                                I think people should get tickets for driving those cars period. ;-)

i'd rather get t-boned by a lowered civic rather than a raised dullie any day
                                384.3 Wheel Horsepower.
                                333.2 Wheel Torque.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3742 users online. 251 members and 3491 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X