300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired Tags MO

Hello, my first post here. I have expired tags. The expired Oct 1, today is Oct 26. Today at work I noticed a police officer parked near my car where it was back in the back lot where employees park. It is not visible from the street and receives very little traffic. I have never seen a police car back there. He sat in his car for a short time but never got out and didn’t issue a ticket on my car. I could not see if he was looking at my car or what he was doing inside his. He then just left. Is it possible that the car will be towed without issuing any tickets first? I’m in the stare of Missouri and the police officer was a Crestwood officer. Crestwood is in St. Louis County. I live in St. Louis City. Thank you for any help.

Why not get your tags fixed instead of knowingly driving around illegally?
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

I’m broke and need repairs. Working on it.

Comment

I think there is a grace period before citations are issued ............Missouri is much like Iowa for traffic matters and we have 30 days.

But if the grace period is over YES the vehicle could be towed
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thank you for the info. Will it get towed without notice or will there be a ticket or sticker on the window warning of a tow?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmk485 View Post
            Thank you for the info. Will it get towed without notice or will there be a ticket or sticker on the window warning of a tow?
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

But if the grace period is over YES the vehicle could be towed
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Jmk485 View Post
              Hello, my first post here. I have expired tags. The expired Oct 1, today is Oct 26. Today at work I noticed a police officer parked near my car where it was back in the back lot where employees park. It is not visible from the street and receives very little traffic. I have never seen a police car back there. He sat in his car for a short time but never got out and didn’t issue a ticket on my car. I could not see if he was looking at my car or what he was doing inside his. He then just left. Is it possible that the car will be towed without issuing any tickets first? I’m in the stare of Missouri and the police officer was a Crestwood officer. Crestwood is in St. Louis County. I live in St. Louis City. Thank you for any help.
              What makes you think the cop was looking at or for your car... or had even taken notice of it?

Got a little bit of guilt going on?

Maybe the officer pulled back there for no other reason than he knows the lot isn't visible from the road and sees very little traffic?

Sometimes we need a quiet place to write a few notes or do a quick report, and we'd rather do it where its less likely that we'd be walked up on.

As said above, take care of the registration, that way you don't have to worry about every cop who happens to drive by.
              You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16717 users online. 454 members and 16263 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X