300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe on Red in Ohio

I just recently bought a motorcycle and a lot of the intersection sensors by my house don't recognize my lightweight bike. I've sat at redlights for so long and the other side will turn green while mine stays red. Eventually I get fed up and wait until there's no cars coming and go. In some states this is legal and in Ohio it's not but how serious would a cop take it if I did that? I can't turn right either because it's a main road and I only have my temps so I'm not legally allowed to be on the intersecting road. Thanks in advance!!

Yea gotta do what you gotta do
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Hopefully if you were stopped you could articulate why you went through the light. Certainly not a cite I would write. I know this isn't really a solution but I get it, no one wants to sit through endless cycles until a car shows up at the intersection.
      I would keep track of how many cycles of the light changed, or if it didn't the time spent while at the stop via an IPhone.
      Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Most of those sensors work with a wire loop in the asphalt that sense a change in magnetic field of a vehicle on top of them.

I've heard of people putting big speaker magnets under the bike or putting the kickstand down to trip the sensor. I have no idea if this works. Its legal in my state to go through the red after three minutes if it is safe to do so; that doesn't help you though.

I personally wouldn't write that ticket if you explained what you are doing but there is probably someone out there who would.

I once sat at a light on base for ten minutes with an MP watching me, just waiting forms to run it. Eventually another car came up behind me and tripped the sensor.

Comment

Additionally, your local DOT might be able to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor if you tell them about what's going on with it.

Comment

I had a Hyundai Accent 4 door that wouldn't trip a lot of lights. I ran
            a lot of them after a couple cycles
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

My Wrangler had the same issue. Issue was the intersection has a red light camera. Luckily by second cycle another car pulled up that triggered it

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17977 users online. 447 members and 17530 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X