X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jguenther
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2017

Is it really illegal that I did this?

So I got pulled over the other day and given a ticket for not yielding to those guys with the stop signs while turning left at an intersection with the lights. The thing though is that I crossed that line before it turned red and was mid turn when those guys walked up and put their stop signs up. If I'm at an intersection and they put up those signs, do I have to just stop right there in the middle like that? I thought I had to go if I crossed the line so I don't block traffic. I wasn't gunning it either (he told me I did), I literally couldn't as there were other cars right in front of me. Also another question but when a car just stops in the middle of the street am I allowed to go around them? I got pulled over after doing that but weirdly he didn't say anything to me about it.
  • HI629
    Mustang Sally
    • Mar 2010

Go tell it to the judge. Without knowing gthe specifics of your case or is very difficxult to comment. With that said, in the end, the only opinion that matters would be the judge.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

• Iowa #1603
      Senior Veteran
      • Aug 2007

those little guys with the signs are legal traffic control devices.............
      I DON'T ALWAYS LIKE BEING A RETIRED POLICE OFFICER .......Oh who the hell am I kiddingI LOVE IT. Stay safe my friends

Comment

• Zeitgeist
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2009

Legally you don't enter an intersection unless you can continue through it. Otherwise it's known as blocking an intersection.
        Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

• Iowa #1603
          Senior Veteran
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Jguenther
          I wasn't gunning it either (he told me I did),.
          I'll bet you did

Also another question but when a car just stops in the middle of the street am I allowed to go around them?
          Under most circumstances.......NO
          Last edited by Iowa #1603; 09-02-2017, 06:23 AM.
          I DON'T ALWAYS LIKE BEING A RETIRED POLICE OFFICER .......Oh who the hell am I kiddingI LOVE IT. Stay safe my friends

Comment

• CCCSD
            Shadowman
            • Jul 2014

So I got pulled over the other day and given a ticket for not yielding to those guys with the stop signs while turning left at an intersection with the lights. The thing though is that I crossed that line before it turned red and was mid turn when those guys walked up and put their stop signs up. If I'm at an intersection and they put up those signs, do I have to just stop right there in the middle like that? I thought I had to go if I crossed the line so I don't block traffic. I wasn't gunning it either (he told me I did), I literally couldn't as there were other cars right in front of me. Also another question but when a car just stops in the middle of the street am I allowed to go around them? I got pulled over after doing that but weirdly he didn't say anything to me about it.
            Just have to save it...

Comment

• DeaconSteve
              Per Gratiam Salvi Fiant
              • May 2016

"Red means stop!"

Even if the light would have been green, the guys wanted you to STOP!

Comment

• Matt N
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2009

If you have to ask...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12111 users online. 74 members and 12037 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...