Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida: Open Container In Vehicle Which Is Parked In Parking Lot (not running)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read the part "but not limited to..." in your definition of a road.
    Also how did the vehicle get to the parking lot? Beside the beers they were drinking how many other open empty containers were in the vehicle?

Comment

I do not know where CCCSD is getting his information, but you were NOT arrested. Open container is a civil (not criminal) offense in Florida. It is no different than a speeding ticket. The ticket is a simple fine and does NOT require a court appearance. You can try and fight it, but you will most likely lose. And when you lose, you get court fines on top of the ticket and possibly a bigger fine (the court can up the amount).

I am simply a LEO and Florida and not a lawyer, so this is not legal advice. However, my free advice is to pay the ticket and keep it in mind as a learning experience. It is non-moving citation, so there are no points on your license.

Comment

Originally posted by Florida_Cop View Post
        I do not know where CCCSD is getting his information, but you were NOT arrested. Open container is a civil (not criminal) offense in Florida. It is no different than a speeding ticket. The ticket is a simple fine and does NOT require a court appearance. You can try and fight it, but you will most likely lose. And when you lose, you get court fines on top of the ticket and possibly a bigger fine (the court can up the amount).

I am simply a LEO and Florida and not a lawyer, so this is not legal advice. However, my free advice is to pay the ticket and keep it in mind as a learning experience. It is non-moving citation, so there are no points on your license.
        At least this one is only a few months old.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14515 users online. 308 members and 14207 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X