X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Dutch
    replied
    Originally posted by nitromt View Post
    Shouldn't you stay in the right lane unless if you are trying to pass?
    He wouldn't be able to "fly by you on the right" if you were doing that...he'd be passing you on the left.

Amen!!!!

No truer words have ever been spoken (or typed). As the old saying goes, "Keep right except to pass." If everyone did that, road rage incidents would probably be cut in half, highways would be much safer and driving would once again become enjoyable.

Okay, so a guy can dream.

"Soft judges make for hard criminals."
    Last edited by VA Dutch; 04-29-2007, 10:44 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• nitromt
    replied
    Originally posted by Seven53 View Post
    I'm not really sure what answer you are looking for as the other driver didn't (from what you described) break any traffic laws, except for a few miles over the limit. If she was "lost in her cell phone" I doubt she was playing games with you. Your road rage earned you a ticket in the past, could have easily earned another this time. I hate when drivers cut me off without signaling, fly by me on the right, etc. but drive in my blind spot? That's a new one to me.
    Shouldn't you stay in the right lane unless if you are trying to pass?
    He wouldn't be able to "fly by you on the right" if you were doing that...he'd be passing you on the left.

Leave a comment:

• LeanG
    replied
    Originally posted by Goriuk View Post
    Just as a matter of interest, it is illegal in all states of Australia to "use a hand-held mobile phone while driving" ($AUD 143 fine and 3 demerit points in Victoria). Is is illegal in any of the US states or in any other countries?
    No, not in Florida (USA)

Leave a comment:

• Goriuk
    replied
    Just as a matter of interest, it is illegal in all states of Australia to "use a hand-held mobile phone while driving" ($AUD 143 fine and 3 demerit points in Victoria). Is is illegal in any of the US states or in any other countries?

Leave a comment:

• aftermath
    replied
    Originally posted by Ibogi
    I've been wondering what the best way to handle this situation is:

Last night I was driving on the highway and traffic was light. I was going 5 over the limit with my cruise set. I passed one car and just a minute later that car was gaining on me, passed me and moved into my lane. A minute later without changing my speed I was gaining on this car and pulled into the left lane to pass it. When I got alongside this car it gradually sped up and then remained alongside me at the same speed. I saw that it was a young girl lost in her cell phone conversation. I sped up to get past her and move into the right lane and then she sped up again and proceeded to ride in my blind spot. I slowed down and she passed me so I moved back into the right lane and resumed my original speed, then eventually I was gaining on her again. I stepped it up to about 9 over the limit and passed her and then remained at that speed, and guess what, soon she was catching up to me again so I stepped it up a few more and got away from her and then my exit was ahead so I got off the road.

This kind of driver makes a relaxing drive not so relaxing. I do not like driving on the highway with someone riding alongside me or in my blind spot. During busy times this is usually unavoidable but in light traffic it is really irritating when someone insists on driving in my "comfort zone".

The last time I encountered one of these idiots I lost my cool and floored it and it just so happened there was a cop running RADAR up ahead so I got nailed for speeding.

What should a driver do in a situation like this besides put up with it?

Okay, so you justify speeding and driving like an idiot because she was? How about this, do the limit. She was probably one of those that firgures if that driver can go faster, then it must be okay for me too. Add that she was on the cell which makes her reaction time and attention span suck and you have a great reason to play cat and mouse with someone on an empty highway. Fact of the matter is that there was two lanes, and you didn't HAVE to occupy the one she was in anymore than she did. Stop driving like a 'tard and grow up. People like you and her cause accidents for those of us that can drive normally.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor1430
    replied
    The reason I asked such a "dumb question" is that it is just an example of the crap I see on the highway every day from idiots trying to do too many other things while they're driving.

If you were unmarked and on duty and you were the driver that had to keep reacting to this girl's inconsistent driving, don't tell me that you would not have pulled this girl over for "doing nothing wrong".

The problem I have with people like you is that instead of giving a simple answer and leaving it at that, you have to take shots at people because you have an opinion about their question. If you don't think the question justifies your answer, do the MATURE thing and don't reply.

I would never pull anyone over for "doing nothing wrong". I don't know of any cops that would pull somebody over for "doing nothing wrong". If you are that agitated about it that you feel the need to go to a public message board and post about it..then take your anger out on police officers that respond..if it agitates you that much, then I suggest you take a deep breath and slow down....pull off if you have to. If you feel that much anger about a girl talking on cell phone riding next to you, then you have the power to change that. Pull off and grab a soda at the 7-11 or something.

I have answered your question, so have many others in this thread..and yet you still come back with angry responses. I see either anger managment or a horrible form of road rage coming soon to a future near you.

Leave a comment:

• Ibogi
    replied
    The reason I asked such a "dumb question" is that it is just an example of the crap I see on the highway every day from idiots trying to do too many other things while they're driving.

If you were unmarked and on duty and you were the driver that had to keep reacting to this girl's inconsistent driving, don't tell me that you would not have pulled this girl over for "doing nothing wrong".

The problem I have with people like you is that instead of giving a simple answer and leaving it at that, you have to take shots at people because you have an opinion about their question. If you don't think the question justifies your answer, do the MATURE thing and don't reply.

Leave a comment:

• redbird07
    replied
    Excuse me but WHO needs to learn how to read?
    What does this have do with ANYTHING and who are you to assume anything about me?
    Youre right, I do need to learn how to read. However, you are a 40 year old person asking a common sense question about a driving experience involving "a young girl lost in her cell phone converstation". You made reference to having to adjust your driving because you couldnt maintain your course in one lane with your cruise on . Hence the Grow Up/Cruise Control comment. Being OLDER and more MATURE, you shouldnt even have to ask a cop how to handle this minor situation.

The last comment was a cheap shot. Sorry. Thats how I sometimes respond to dumb questions.

Leave a comment:

• Ibogi
    replied
    Excuse me but WHO needs to learn how to read?
    The original poster can be ANYONE, but those who reply should be the ORIGINAL POSTER and LAW ENFORCEMENT personnel ONLY.
    You would be the person speeding while listening to music.
    What does this have do with ANYTHING and who are you to assume anything about me?

Leave a comment:

• redbird07
    replied
    Excuse me but who needs to grow up? I'd say the idiot whose cell phone conversation takes priority over their driving.....that and Redbird07.
    Heres another thought. Learn how to read. Only LEO's reply on this site. All others banned on first offence.

My point was if the driver next to you is bothering you. Turn off the cruise, pull over, slow down, whatever. Just get out of the situation. You would be the person speeding while listening to music.

Leave a comment:

• Consultant
    replied
    *Removed*

PM'd my response to "Ibogi"
    Last edited by Consultant; 04-19-2007, 06:46 AM. Reason: Had 9 threads open, didn't realize this was "ask a cop"

Leave a comment:

• CragCrawler
    replied
    Maybe there should be a "You were being annoying" Infraction. Would that solve it?

Leave a comment:

• gopherpuckfan
    replied
    I usually turn on my lights and make all the other drivers panic and dive onto the shoulder.

Leave a comment:

• LeanG
    replied
    Look, don't stress yourself over the minor stuff. If I were in a similar situation, I would've sped up (I don't recommend this), slowed down, made 2 u-turns, or just changed my hip hop CD to something a little more relaxing so I don't go "MEIDEVAL ON HER A**". But seriously, lighten up because this is what road rages are made of. If she was really on the phone, maybe she wasn't doing it intentionally and there really isn't anything you can do to her anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Ibogi
    replied
    Here is a thought. Turn off the cruise and grow up.
    Excuse me but who needs to grow up? I'd say the idiot whose cell phone conversation takes priority over their driving.....that and Redbird07.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14612 users online. 509 members and 14103 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X