Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Video* Why do some police officers cheat drivers at already low PSL?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Video* Why do some police officers cheat drivers at already low PSL?

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xw9M2-Kei8

This highway drops from a PSL of 60 to 55. This PD sits in the 55 zone and tries to tag cars as soon as they enter the 55 zone. While this is unethical as far as I'm concerned, it's legal in this state. Sometimes he targets cars in the 60MPH zone though and still writes them up for speeding in the 55 zone.

You can see way up the road at 5 seconds in the video the pulsing of his Ultralyte (had the camera on night vision mode) and hear my RD going off. If you look to the right of the road, you'll see the PSL sign of 55 MPH and I announce when I pass it. This is the first sign and where the PSL drops to 55. You can clearly see he shoots me within the 60 zone. No one would ever have a clue though if they got the ticket. This is the difference between going 10 over and 15.

I continue to find LEOs in the St. Louis area being reckless when it comes to issuing traffic tickets.

Do you guys do anything similar to this?

EDIT: So sorry accident! Argh.
    Last edited by djack16; 02-15-2007, 02:47 AM.
    -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima Lover
      Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xw9M2-Kei8

This highway drops from a PSL of 60 to 55. This PD sits in the 55 zone and tries to tag cars as soon as they enter the 55 zone. While this is unethical as far as I'm concerned, it's legal in this state. Sometimes he targets cars in the 60MPH zone though and still writes them up for speeding in the 55 zone.

You can see way up the road at 5 seconds in the video the pulsing of his Ultralyte (had the camera on night vision mode) and hear my RD going off. If you look to the right of the road, you'll see the PSL sign of 55 MPH and I announce when I pass it. This is the first sign and where the PSL drops to 55. You can clearly see he shoots me within the 60 zone. No one would ever have a clue though if they got the ticket. This is the difference between going 10 over and 15.

I continue to find LEOs in the St. Louis area being reckless when it comes to issuing traffic tickets.

I started to post some very hateful things on this thread because all you do on this forum is attempt to post bad things about police officers, but I recanted. Here is what a decided to say...

Out of all the things in life one can achieve or have. Family, friends, hobbies, boating, sports, higher education, a wife/girlfriend, etc etc. Look what you're doing around Valentines day and 20 years old. Trying to find "wrongdoings" of officers who protect lives and property everyday and put their own lives on the line in the process...

Two things: #1 - people like you literally make me sick to my stomach

#2 - With #1 said, I really, seriously pity you. It is very sad that you have nothing else better to do with your life at your age.
      Last edited by SgtScott31; 02-15-2007, 04:47 AM.
      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

it's legal in this state.
        Last I checked, writing someone for speeding is legal in any state.

Find something better to do with your time...
        summer - winter - work

Comment

How is this "reckless"? Maybe that word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Finding a place that you can make a lot of stops (but not essentially writing tickets) is a good practice. Traffic stops are where you get at lot of your warrants, your in-transit drug shipments, and drunk drivers. I like to make a lot of stops, even if it isn't a "perfect" stop, according to the person being stopped (never is).

The above situation fits into that category.

Furthermore, the speed limit starts at the speed limit sign. Slow down to the limit by the time you reach the sign. Easy, huh?

Now, if he's zapping people in a 60 zone and writing them for 55, that's not right. That is not what your video shows, however. It appears to me that he checks your speed as you enter the 55 zone. Your detector goes off when you are approximately even with the sign. Maybe a little in front of it, but not much.

Bottom line according to me: Maybe it's a cheesy way to get stops, but they're good stops.
          Last edited by Sabre; 02-15-2007, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Did he stop you? Nothing wrong with using the LIDAR wherever he wants. Doesn't mean he stops people for 5 over.
            For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Maxima Lover is also over on www.radardetector.net where he also posts a crapload of his videos where all he does is harass officers doing their job.
              Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

You can clearly see he shoots me within the 60 zone.
                The only thing I can CLEARLY see here, is a vigilante with way too much time on his hands...who will probably end up killing himself, and/or an innocent motorist, while trying to drive and shoot video at the same time...how very sad
                "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

An addendum to my previous comments:

The subject of the post is...
                  Why do some police officers cheat drivers at already low PSL?
                  But could just as easily be...
                  Why do some motorists cheat speed limits coming into a reduced-speed zone?
                  The law says the limit starts at the sign. Write your Congressman.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31
                    I started to post some very hateful things on this thread because all you do on this forum is attempt to post bad things about police officers, but I recanted. Here is what a decided to say...

Out of all the things in life one can achieve or have. Family, friends, hobbies, boating, sports, higher education, a wife/girlfriend, etc etc. Look what you're doing around Valentines day and 20 years old. Trying to find "wrongdoings" of officers who protect lives and property everyday and put their own lives on the line in the process...

Two things: #1 - people like you literally make me sick to my stomach

#2 - With #1 said, I really, seriously pity you. It is very sad that you have nothing else better to do with your life at your age.

Very well put Sgt!!!

Maxima, if you honestly feel the need to insult LEO's and their Agencies in General.. Here is some free advice. Contact your local Congressman, local LE Agency, get a lawyer, who cares. You are on a LE website and you will not get any support for your immature actions in which you post.

Heres one thought though, ever consider the actions you choose by videotaping and driving at the same time? Not to safe?
                    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

man...i must be having a slow week because once again I'm completely confused Maxima Lover.

1. what was your ticket for? Obviously you were stopped because you are complaining about the officers tactics in making traffic stops. So, what was the ticket for?

2. You have complained about being stopped as an inconvenience..as if your time is so much more important as a traffic stop...I will give you that, but how is it you have the time to turn around and drive through a spot where you see an officer shooting LIDAR? If you are in a hurry, how do you have the time to get turned around...and then turn around again to drive through where he's shooting? Don't have time for traffic stops but you have time to keep driving around there waiting for him to hit you with the unit.

3. What is the issue with him shooting it at you before you reach the 55mph zone? Does the law of physics say a LIDAR or radar unit only work in 55mph zones and not in 65 mph zones? How do you not know if he was checking to see if you were doing 75 in a 65. You assume that there is some law that says you cannot be speeding before you reach the 55mph zone.

So, oh wise one...please educate me as to what it is that I'm missing here and exactly what your complaint is...because I'm certainly missing it.

Oh..and Happy Valentines Day...I'll say it to you since you obviously have nobody in your life to say it to you.

Comment

So you say that nobody speeds in the higher speed area...that they only speed in the slower limit area? If the ticket was issued in the 60 zone and you were going faster than 60, you were speeding. If it was issued in the 55 zone and you were going faster than 55, you were speeding. The only possible area that may be disputed is the number of mph you were going over the actual posted limit at the actual point the readings were taken. This may come as a surprise to you but the speed limit begins at the sign....not a bit past it. If that was permitted, how far past it do you allow? It's like people saying that you should be permitted to exceed the limit to pass someone. By how much and for how long ?

Take your c*p w***h video camera and see if you can find a real life somewhere.

Comment

Thanks for the personal insults. Looks like a bunch of bullies with badges. The fact is you guys know nothing about my personal life, but continue to make assumtions. Much like you do out in the field.

1st off, I have never gotten a ticket here and didn't the night this video was shot. 2nd, I was clearly in the 60 zone when I was hit with laser. You can look down the road and see the laser gun pulsing. I have personally seen this officer target cars next to me that were speeding in the 60zone, stop them, and write them for speeding in the 55 zone.

This isn't a matter of targeting cars as they come into the new speed limit, it's a matter of the officer writing tickets 5MPH more over the real limit than he targeted them.

If a car is doing 75MPH in the 60 zone, they are actually doing 15 over the limit. Now when this officer targets them and writes them up, he'll write them up as doing 75MPH in the 55zone. A huge increase in fines and mandatory court appearance.

This officer is acting reckless (utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action; without caution; careless) in issuing tickets and the rest of the LEO society continues to support him. It's no wonder the public thinks of most LEOs as they do. When are you guys going to drop the Us Vs. Them thing and start doing what is right?

Comment

..., but continue to make assumtions. Much like you do out in the field.
                            BWWAHAHHAAHAA!!!

Oh wait, you were serious. I just thought that you assuming we're bad because you assume we make assumptions was a joke. My mistake.

I've had one speeding ticket in my entire life. It was a 55 zone that dropped to a 35. I got clocked immediately entering the 35 zone. You know what I did about it?

I paid the ticket in full. Because I was speeding.
                            Last edited by jakflak; 02-15-2007, 12:52 PM.

Comment

So writing tickets to people who are speeding is not right. Is that what you are trying to say?

Bullies with Badges. I like that. I think ill have a T-shirt done up and wear it under my bullet proof vest, the one i have to wear because "them" like to shoot at me and "them" like to try to kill me every now and again.

Get a job and stop screwing with the police and let them make the world a little safer for ya, kay.

If you need a cause, because some people need a cause or they feel empty, try cancer, aids or world hunger. Not speed traps.
                              It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3323 users online. 165 members and 3158 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X