X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!!!! Police stickers!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by gfreebur; 05-31-2009, 06:14 PM. Reason: cancel thread

Why would you want to make your car look similar to a cop car? I wouldn't say you are technically impersonating a peace officer, but its pretty close to it. Do yourself a favor, get rid of whatever police equiptment you may have on there and you won't get hasseled. Police officers frown on impersonators.
    "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Last edited by gfreebur; 05-31-2009, 06:15 PM. Reason: cancel thread

Comment

Why would you want a giant yellow sticker on the front of your car that says police interceptor? Also, why do you need a push bumper??? Also, why do you feel the need to purchase a used police car at an auction?

I have no problem with the crown vic used as patrol cars but I dont know why anyone would want one as a personal vehicle...it seems to me that you are not in LE but you do want to look and feel like you are...

I suggest get rid of the car and if you want to drive one become either a Police Officer or cab driver...

Oh ya...
        dont take the sticker off...let us know how that works out for you

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Last edited by gfreebur; 05-31-2009, 06:16 PM.

Comment

well, I bought a used police car from an auction for the simple reason that they are good cars and you can get them for very cheap! They have plenty of space, a strong engine, a strong body, and last for a long time, oh, and did I mention...CHEAP! but dressing up one's car to specifically look like a police car seems to me to be kind of...wannabe-ish

Comment

Originally posted by gfreebur
              haha thanks for the encouragement at the end there, the reason i bought an old police car is probly for the reason that it was $400 and its a big safe car that i got as my first car. Its also a very fun car to drive, its got a decent amount of power and u can lay strips pretty easily, but other than that the push bumper is fun because when i get up behind my friends or family they think i am a cop and they slow down and get all worried, so its pretty funny. Why would someone get a push bumper on an explorer or an escalade when u sure as hell arent gonna use it on that. Ive even used it to help push friends out of the snow and mud, it is actually useful.
              And that is why people think you want to impersonate the police. you just admitted right there. I'm sure its only friends and family though.
              For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Last edited by gfreebur; 05-31-2009, 06:16 PM. Reason: cancel thread

Comment

I would say do not do anything stupid like put lights in it and try and pull someone over, then you would be ok. I still think it is wrong. I have some lights in my Jeep. I am a firefighter and people on the freeway slow down. lol
                  they must think I am a Cop.

I would not continue to add Police things to that Car.

Sorry I am not a Cop, Please do not kick me out.
                  We remember the officers who we never really knew,
                  Persons strong enough to answer the challenge are few,
                  With heavy hearts we mourn the officers in eternal rest,
                  There's more to these people than the badge on their chest.

Comment

Regardless of whether or not it's legal, I can guarantee it's going to be a ticket magnet. Even if you don't mean to impersonate a police officer (which I kinda doubt), every officer you come across will likely pull you over to see whether or not you're impersonating.

It's like flipping an officer off; it's technically 1st Amendment protected free speech, but nothing draws attention to the broken taillight like.....

Comment

Originally posted by gfreebur
                      haha thanks for the encouragement at the end there, the reason i bought an old police car is probly for the reason that it was $400 and its a big safe car that i got as my first car. Its also a very fun car to drive, its got a decent amount of power and u can lay strips pretty easily, but other than that the push bumper is fun because when i get up behind my friends or family they think i am a cop and they slow down and get all worried, so its pretty funny. Why would someone get a push bumper on an explorer or an escalade when u sure as hell arent gonna use it on that. Ive even used it to help push friends out of the snow and mud, it is actually useful.
                      Look, buy used cops cars if you want because they are cheap or for whatever reason. For you own safety don't make it look like more of a cop car than it already does. If the good guys think you are a cop the bad guys will also! You roll you to a you local gas station to get a pop, guy runs out with gun after robbing it. He see's "police" all over your car, your probably going to get at least shot at if not shot. He's another one...you stop at stop light and a woman runs up to your car screaming for help because her ex-boyfriend just stabbed her new boyfriend, and you see the guy a couple of yards away running at you.....get the picture.

Think about it.
                      In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

Comment

Putting the little black "Police Interceptor" emblem on a 1995 Crown Vic is not only asking for trouble from the gendarmes, but is technically incorrect. Ford did not use that name on the back of the car until the 1999 (I believe) model came out. Anything other than "Crown Victoria" on your car is just not accurate.

Even though the P71 "police interceptor" package has been available from Ford since medieval times (LOL!), the cars were not labeled as such until the second year of the newest body style.

But anyway, there may be laws against having "POLICE" anywhere on your car (except for cars with the little factory-installed emblem on the rear). You'd run into trouble in VA if you had "POLICE" decals on your push bar, although the push bar itself is not illegal.

Owning an ex-cruiser is not a bad thing, but don't try to "play cop" with it - even with family or friends. There is always the chance that the wrong person will see you at the wrong time.

Be careful!!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch

But anyway, there may be laws against having "POLICE" anywhere on your car (except for cars with the little factory-installed emblem on the rear). You'd run into trouble in VA if you had "POLICE" decals on your push bar, although the push bar itself is not illegal.

Bingo!
                          Florida State Statue 843.085
                          Unlawful use of police badges or other indicia of authority

It is unlawful for any person:
                          (2) To own or operate a motor vehicle marked or identified in any manner or combination by the word or words "police," "patrolman," "sheriff," "deputy," "trooper," "highway patrol," "Wildlife Officer," "Marine Patrol Officer," "marshal," "constable," or "bailiff," or by any lettering, marking, or insignia, or colorable imitation thereof, including, but not limited to, stars, badges, or shields, officially used to identify the vehicle as a federal, state, county, or municipal law enforcement vehicle or a vehicle used by a criminal justice agency as now or hereafter defined in s. 943.045, which could deceive a reasonable person into believing that such vehicle is authorized by any of the agencies described above for use by the person operating the motor vehicle, unless such vehicle is owned or operated by the appropriate agency and its use is authorized by such agency, or the local law enforcement agency authorizes the use of such vehicle or unless the person is appointed by the Governor pursuant to chapter 354.
                          Sheriff: We just take turns being the sheriff. It's real easy. You just hang out here, eat some pie, and get drunk.
                          Peter Griffin: Wait. Hold on a second. "Pie," "drunk," "the?" You got yourself a sheriff!

Comment

I feel sorry for the poor fellow that bought my last 2 vehicles. I rodem hard and the sheriff sold'em while they were still wet. I got a Durango now and it is pretty cool so maybe I'll take better care of it. Both my CV's had 100k plus miles on em all flat out and stop. not to mention the 100k miles on the car's translates into prob. over 1 mill. miles of hours on it. 12 hrs. a day.
                            Your a daisy if you do.

Comment

You are what we would call a "squirrel" in my neck of the woods. Dressing your vehicle out to be something it's not, a POLICE CAR.

its got a decent amount of power and u can lay strips pretty easily
                              This statement doesn't surprise me....

i bought a push bumper for it
                              I'm sure you're going to end up tearing your bumper off or damaging the front end...

Definitely sounds to me that buying a push bumper and a "police interceptor" sticker indicates that you want to be recognized as something you're not.

In my state the word "police" on your vehicle would get you in trouble.

On a side note, you seriously need to seek professional help. Have fun getting pulled over...
                              I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10929 users online. 541 members and 10388 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X