NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you get to show up in court?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you get to show up in court?

You know how all cops say "I don't care about going to court, because I get paid 3x(not sure about this) overtime to be there."

So for one ticket how much do you actually make as a cop?

Three hours of pay for 15 minutes of work.......

TGY
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

most days I am already at work so nothing more than reg pay. For court on my day off......3 hrs minimum of OT even if Im only there a short time.

Comment

3 hours of OT pay = $$$

I want to know the dollar amount.

Comment

If you are coming in on your off duty time, you are looking at four hours at time and a half. If you are a bottom pay step rookie, it comes out to around $163.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

$157 which is 3 hr min. and if it takes place after my shift or on my 1 & 3rd days off. Any work done on my 2nd day off is double time so it = $210.

TGY
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

so does this mean for my $80 dollar ticket the court will pay the cop more than the ticket is worth?

Comment

Originally posted by thomor
                so does this mean for my $80 dollar ticket the court will pay the cop more than the ticket is worth?
                Figured there was a "catch" to this thread. Most Jurisdictions, the courts have nothing to do with what the Officer/Deputy makes or gets paid. Look at it this way. You received a ticket, so most likely you broke the law. Now if it's the Officers day off of work, he/she has to come in, to attend court. Yes it's part of their job, however they could be spending that time with their family, etc.

You can look at this from many sides and you will not win on this one. Just pay the ticket and don't worry about how much one is getting paid for something you did wrong. And that was free....
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

My agency does not get one penny of the fine money. The officer's money comes directly out of the department's overtime budget. So, every ticket that's appealed to court only hurts my department's funding.
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv
                    Figured there was a "catch" to this thread. Most Jurisdictions, the courts have nothing to do with what the Officer/Deputy makes or gets paid. Look at it this way. You received a ticket, so most likely you broke the law. Now if it's the Officers day off of work, he/she has to come in, to attend court. Yes it's part of their job, however they could be spending that time with their family, etc.

You can look at this from many sides and you will not win on this one. Just pay the ticket and don't worry about how much one is getting paid for something you did wrong. And that was free....
                    I wasn't speeding(not even 1mph over), but yet I was pulled over for 10+ over, and the cop gave me a "break" by giving me careless driving. And I'd rather go to court and lose(I know my chances), than pay a ticket or bargain down to something I wasn't guilty off in the first place.

P.S. I find most cops to be decent people, but you seem like a jackass on a power trip.

Comment

Most nearly all of my court is held on my regular work schedule. Very rare for me to be going in court on a day off, etc.

But if it happens, depending on schedule that week, could be comp time earned (straight time), adjusted schedule (again, straight time, just take back same week), overtime leave (bank 1.5 hours for each spent), or even overtime pay (pay 1.5 X rate). Time starts and stops at my door step.

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

I wasn't speeding(not even 1mph over), but yet I was pulled over for 10+ over, and the cop gave me a "break" by giving me careless driving. And I'd rather go to court and lose(I know my chances), than pay a ticket or bargain down to something I wasn't guilty off in the first place.

P.S. I find most cops to be decent people, but you seem like a jackass on a power trip.

If you had put this info in your first post no one would have responded including myself. If you are going to turn this into a "I did nothing, it's extortion" threads then please either move on or close your account.

TGY

Comment

Not even close. Look, you came onto a LE Forum to ask what a cop makes in overtime for court? And you think my response is because I am "on a power trip"...by far! I answered your question and then some. As I stated, just pay the ticket. It's that simple...now what do you think of me?
                          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I agree with Irish. Pay the ticket. The officer wouldn't of pulled you over for nothing. To imply an officer gives you a ticket in hopes he might get paid to attend court is crazy. We would rather be with our family on our day off or in our regular job if we are working. Not waiting around in a courthouse waiitng for jokers to show or no-show. You were out of line with Irish calling him a jackass.

Comment

my sgt usaully change my hours or I have to take comp time ( $ problems)
                              Do the right thing at the right time the right way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2213 users online. 84 members and 2129 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X