Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine radar detectors do work and work well. They will even tell tell you from which direction you are being targeted. Now if you're doing 110mph then I don't think it really matters if you have a rd they probably aren't stopping anyway. Cobras, as someone else stated, are junk and will go off at every bank, grocery store, convienent store and so on. Valentines will work as lomg as you keep your speed within 15-20mph over the limit. mine hasn't let me down yet in the GTO.

Comment

• Valentines will work as lomg as you keep your speed within 15-20mph over
      You, like all others with high dollar detectors, will either be cited or scraped off the highway sooner or later. The only people you're fooling are yourselves.
      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
        You, like all others with high dollar detectors, will either be cited or scraped off the highway sooner or later. The only people you're fooling are yourselves.

I'm not saying its right to use them to speed, only that they can work. We have tested it with a friend who is a L.E.O. and they do work. However, that still doesn't make it legal to speed. I'm not sure what its like in Tennessee but around Charlotte if you're only going 15mph over the limit in most instances you are going slow. There are tons of accidnets every day because of the speeds but how do you police it when just about every single car should be stopped?

Comment

• Originally posted by electricblue07 View Post
          I'm not saying its right to use them to speed, only that they can work. We have tested it with a friend who is a L.E.O. and they do work. However, that still doesn't make it legal to speed. I'm not sure what its like in Tennessee but around Charlotte if you're only going 15mph over the limit in most instances you are going slow. There are tons of accidnets every day because of the speeds but how do you police it when just about every single car should be stopped?
          Even in Charlotte I have a hard time believing that less than 15mph over the posted limit is slowing traffic down to the point it is unsafe. Sure there are roads out there where the posted speed limit should be raised, but when you think about it, it seems that radar detectors are used the most on interstates and highways where the posted speed limit (in most states) is 70mph. You're telling me that if someone is going less than 85 mph, they are driving too slow and hazardous to other drivers? Seems all the interstates I've been traveling on in TN and across the country over the years, people do fine between 70 and 75mph. The only people who are hazardous are the ones weaving in and out of traffic doing 85 - 90mph; which I gladly cite every day of the week and twice on Sunday, especially if they have a radar detector.

Comment

Even in Charlotte I have a hard time believing that less than 15mph over the posted limit is slowing traffic down to the point it is unsafe. Sure there are roads out there where the posted speed limit should be raised, but when you think about it, it seems that radar detectors are used the most on interstates and highways where the posted speed limit (in most states) is 70mph. You're telling me that if someone is going less than 85 mph, they are driving too slow and hazardous to other drivers? Seems all the interstates I've been traveling on in TN and across the country over the years, people do fine between 70 and 75mph. The only people who are hazardous are the ones weaving in and out of traffic doing 85 - 90mph; which I gladly cite every day of the week and twice on Sunday, especially if they have a radar detector.

Amen to that.

Comment

I invite you to ride with me to Charlotte. I'm not saying someone going less than 85 is a hazard only that you will get passed like you're standing still if you're the one going 80. We don't have a 70mph speed limit ( 65 is it ) and people are always tailgating or flashing you to get you out of the way when you yourself are speeding. Weaving in and out of traffic is a big issue, it happens all the time( I've even seen one 18 wheeler do it and thats scary ). I'm not defending anyone and as long as radar detectors are legal I don't see an issue with it, people are going to speed with or w/out them. If you're ever between Kings Mtn and Charlotte, drive that stretch of I-85 and you will see, I don't drive it much for that reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by electricblue07 View Post
                I invite you to ride with me to Charlotte. I'm not saying someone going less than 85 is a hazard only that you will get passed like you're standing still if you're the one going 80. We don't have a 70mph speed limit ( 65 is it ) and people are always tailgating or flashing you to get you out of the way when you yourself are speeding. Weaving in and out of traffic is a big issue, it happens all the time( I've even seen one 18 wheeler do it and thats scary ). I'm not defending anyone and as long as radar detectors are legal I don't see an issue with it, people are going to speed with or w/out them. If you're ever between Kings Mtn and Charlotte, drive that stretch of I-85 and you will see, I don't drive it much for that reason.
                Still hard for me to believe, but I will let a NC officer chime in.

Bottom line, in 2005 almost half (44%) of car-crash fatalities involving 15-20 yr olds across the nation occurred in speed-related crashes (nhtsa). As long as these excessive speeds exist, we will keep writing tickets. As long as those who decide to continue to run these speeds use a radar detector to avoid detection of their criminal (and hazardous) behavior, we will continue to especially write them tickets. You could have 1000 people come to this forum to formulate "excuses," and some officers may buy it, but certainly not me.

Comment

• Legal in Florida. However, nearly every officer I know (including me) views the use of one as an intent to speed, so good luck getting away with just a warning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florida_Cop View Post
                    Legal in Florida. However, nearly every officer I know (including me) views the use of one as an intent to speed, so good luck getting away with just a warning.
                    Seriously? You've made 3 posts to O.com. 2 of those were to threads that are 10 yrs old and the 3nd one is 6 mo old.
                    183 FBINA

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
                      Seriously? You've made 3 posts to O.com. 2 of those were to threads that are 10 yrs old and the 3nd one is 6 mo old.
                      Cap... reassign him to Cold Case files.
                      You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

• Too bad if the radar is on 'hold' mode and is activated and locked before you can react. Or if a laser is being used.

EDIT : Didn't realise was necropost

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post

Last edited by DeaconSteve; 12-21-2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Got caught in a virtual spider web here or something. Please pardon the double post.
                            Last edited by DeaconSteve; 12-21-2017, 10:58 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9755 users online. 263 members and 9492 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X