300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOP stickers and attidude

Just wandering whether you guys ever cut people some slack when you see the FOP sticker on their plate or on the window?
    Also, what's the best thing one can do when stopped (for whatever reason)? How much does attidude (good and bad) count and what are honestly the best responses (is ignorance and denial bad or does telling the truth count for anything)?

One of the first things taught in most interdiction classes is that there are more thugs with FOP/PBA stickers on their cars than cops.

Attitude is everything. If you have a good attitude and are courteous it may go a long way. Some will write regardless, but at least a good attitude makes the exchange that much more pleasant.
    "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Attitude is the single most important factor on a marginal stop. The FOP sticker doesn't mean anything in and of itself. If it is a real FOP of PBA sticker, I usually inquire where they got it.
      “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Can't overstate the importance of attitude. Goes a long way.
        I got in a vehicle pursuit 2 nights ago. After we caught the guy my backup pointed at his "support your local sheriff dept" license plate frame and we had a good laugh. In most cases if you support your local law enforcement you wont need to show it by displaying an FOP sticker or license plate frame. It comes out in other ways.
        Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by rx8rider
          Just wandering whether you guys ever cut people some slack when you see the FOP sticker on their plate or on the window?
          Also, what's the best thing one can do when stopped (for whatever reason)? How much does attidude (good and bad) count and what are honestly the best responses (is ignorance and denial bad or does telling the truth count for anything)?
          FOP and other stickers mean diddly-squat. If you know what you did, I appreciate it when someone just admits it right away. Playing stupid, blaming someone who cut you off, or "going with the flow of traffic" are ways to make the team in my book.
          Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

Every where in the world its all about attitude.
            Thats mine and yours. I'll treat you nice if you treat me nice. It won't always be able to change the end result, ticket or arrest, but if you lie and whine you definitely going to get some!

Comment

Originally posted by rx8rider
              nope, everyone's got one nowadays. You don't even have to actually pledge money to get one, all you have to do is say that you will, and you'll get one in the mail. Now an AZ DPS FOP sticker, that's a whole 'nother story. You don't just "get" those in the mail.
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Stickers, any LE oriented stickers at all, mean only one thing .... they are trying to get on my better side now that they have screwed up and caused me to take a second or even third look their way. They knew their habits and preplanned ahead by placing the stickers as a "tactic".
                Besides .... so many stickers get left on vehicles year after year, they are even left on them at selling time as if to enhance value I think.

No, I don't pay them no mind myself.

No, I don't have them on my POVs either.

Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 09-08-2006, 10:54 AM.
                "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

I've seen people say, "Comeon, give me a break, I donate to the FOP!" Well too bad I'm not a member of the FOP :P.

Comment

This is one concept that is hard for non LEOs to understand...

The first thing I think of when I see a car with police organization stickers is that the driver is a wanna-be, or someone who speeds on a regular basis and wants to curry favor. The only exception to this rule is the local Houston Police Union stickers, however they are not obvious law enforcement stickers at first glance, and even they are only on LEO family member cars and 1st year officers.

My car has a small local fire department sticker (I am a volunteer), and an AOPA sticker (Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association - I am a pilot).
                    Taking a year off to travel the USA with my family. You can follow our adventures on our website: www.TheGreatAdventureTour.com
                    sigpic

Comment

If the person is a true FOP or LEO supporter, then 9 times out of 10 you will never be stopping these folks because they OBEY THE LAW!! Like it was previously mentioned, one of the first things taught in traffic enforcement classes is that people will attempt to "fool" cops with those thin blue line stickers and all that mess.
                      "if i've got to turn around....catch all the way up with you and cut on the lights.....somebody's gotta pay the light bill"...

Comment

My last arrest came from a 19 year-old who was OVI, had 3 empty beer cans, 2 full beer cans and a nearly empty whiskey bottle in his vehicle. He also had an FOP supporter sticker on the rear window.

Comment

Be very polite and don't argue with the officer over anything. Answer his questions truthfully and realize that he has a job to do.
                          If there is any problems, it will be found out in court.

Comment

Ignorance and denial is bad because that shows you are incompetent. You have a driver's license, so you know what you are doing. The speed limit is always posted in some shape or form and your responsibility to pay attention to the signs.

Comment

With all the PBA and FLOP cards in NJ, I could care less about a FLOP sticker. Stickers mean nothing and I don't pay any attention to them at all. 80% of NJ is PBA anyway, not the FLOP.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3271 users online. 210 members and 3061 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X