300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VA Dutch
    When you ask them "why they were doing xxx speed" and they give a reason, they basically are admitting to the violation. Of course, their remarks will be duly noted on the officer's copy of the summons.

I prefer to ask them why I stopped them... I get so many admission that way it isn't funny. I stop a car for a headlight... they say I stopped them because they had too much to drink and were talking on a cellphone. No more damning evidence than your own admissions in court.
    Originally posted by rayder1
    I never ask a violator anything except for his / her license and registration (insurance etc.) and if the information is correct on the license and registration.

I've learned that if you ask any questions, or engage in any conversation that falls outside the actual issuance of a citation or warning, you open up for a conversation that may lead own a wrong path.

I advise the reason for the stop....listen to any excuses...explain what Iam going to do....issue a ticket of warning...explain the ticket...and leave.
    Entirely close minded and makes me wonder if you have an aversion to police work? A monkey can write a ticket... a good cop can talk the operator and occupants into giving up the crack they just bought.
    Last edited by Trooper4985; 04-17-2006, 08:19 AM.
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Double Post

Got so excited about the stock market opening in 10 minutes I forgot what I was doing.... Sorry.
      Last edited by Trooper4985; 04-17-2006, 08:20 AM. Reason: Post Whore
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper4985
        I prefer to ask them why I stopped them... I get so many admission that way it isn't funny. I stop a car for a headlight... they say I stopped them because they had too much to drink and were talking on a cellphone. No more damning evidence than your own admissions in court.

Entirely close minded and makes me wonder if you have an aversion to police work? A monkey can write a ticket... a good cop can talk the operator and occupants into giving up the crack they just bought.
        Not that I'm planning to get stopped again, but in the event that I do and I'm asked why I was stopped, it sounds like I better just say "No Sir" and hope that it was something minor!!! Was the stock market fun??

Comment

Originally posted by haw1222
          Not that I'm planning to get stopped again, but in the event that I do and I'm asked why I was stopped, it sounds like I better just say "No Sir" and hope that it was something minor!!! Was the stock market fun??

Don't plead ignorance when I stop you for 75/55... you're guaranteed a ticket. I don't stop people for less than 15 over during daylight and 10 over during darkeness... both speeds you should be more than capable of knowing are over the posted limit without even looking at the speedo.

About the stockmarket... I'm into NDOL for 77000*.13. It's currently trading at .515. You could say the market has been good to me the past couple of weeks.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper4985
            Don't plead ignorance when I stop you for 75/55... you're guaranteed a ticket. I don't stop people for less than 15 over during daylight and 10 over during darkeness... both speeds you should be more than capable of knowing are over the posted limit without even looking at the speedo.

About the stockmarket... I'm into NDOL for 77000*.13. It's currently trading at .515. You could say the market has been good to me the past couple of weeks.
            No worries there, for the most part I stay within 5 miles of the speed limit.................I'm too chicken to do 10-15 miles over the posted limit......... but only because I'm afraid of being stopped.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3339 users online. 173 members and 3166 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X