Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Fraternal Order of Police?????????

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Fraternal Order of Police?????????

What is the fraternal order of police???? What do they do? Are they important or are they just like security guards? do they have just as much power as regular police? just a few questions i would like to know the answer to thanks!
    Last edited by screwdriver131; 12-18-2005, 09:48 PM. Reason: fix

Its a fraternal organization of police officers. They can also be collective bargaining representatives. The F.O.P. has no Law Enforcement Authority and is not a government agency.

Comment

Originally posted by screwdriver131
      Are they important or are they just like security guards? do they have just as much power as regular police?

Seek and ye shall find.

http://www.grandlodgefop.org/
      In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

So do regular law enforcement officers look down on them like they look down on security guards?

Comment

Why would cops look down on a FRATERNITY OF POLICE?? Think and read before you ask. Both of us already gave you the answer as to what the FOP is. Think about it! Would a fire fighter look down on an IAFF member? Same logic here.
          Last edited by Metro174; 12-18-2005, 10:09 PM.

Comment

They can be a waste of money too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hookem'
              They can be a waste of money too.
              Better than nothing when IA comes around.
              Kelly

We are the thin blue line
              between you
              and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Reason for Editing.
                Last edited by lazycop; 02-15-2010, 05:05 PM.
                Work smarter not harder!

Comment

Originally posted by 1sgkelly
                  Better than nothing when IA comes around.

Ahhhh the FOP Legal Defense Plan! Great when you need it. Use it once and it more than pays fo itself.

Comment

Christ on a cracker...

What is the fraternal order of police???? What do they do? Are they important or are they just like security guards? do they have just as much power as regular police? just a few questions i would like to know the answer to thanks!

Wow. First hit when I Googled it. And it took less time than typing this reply. Amazing.
                    You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

How is these questions even related to Traffic Enforcement? They are not. And severl people in here answered your questions already.
                      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

So do regular law enforcement officers look down on them like they look down on security guards?

Its a labor council for police..... Consist of reps and lawyers and other people....

So how do you get security guard out of it.... Ever drive and see the emblem on cars??? Of course in ohio it is a crime to use it if your not a member so don't get any ideas.
                        THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by Photogrrlz
                          Of course in ohio it is a crime to use it if your not a member so don't get any ideas.
                          Of course it is.

Does Ohio still have the death penalty for speeding?
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

How many of you who are full members put the member sticker / medallion on your POV?
                            N. A. Corbier
                            Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
                            Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                              Of course it is.

Does Ohio still have the death penalty for speeding?

It really is, I cant think what degree it is off the top of my head...

One of my old coworkers actually got a guy for that... then again the fart knocker was DUS and a dumbarse...
                              THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6226 users online. 252 members and 5974 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X