300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
    The last thing you'd want for "additional warning power" is red lights.

Drunken, elderly and confused drivers have been proven to drive TOWARDS red lights (no studies on blue AFAIK), while they drive AWAY from amber lights. Keep that in mind the next time you're parked on the road, highway, etc. and decide to to flip on every light you've got for "visibility," you might be doing yourself more harm than good. Have an arrow-stick or just simply rear flashers? Use that and TURN THE DAMN LIGHTBAR OFF. You might just save yourself from getting rear-ended and you'll definately help other motorists figure out what's going on up ahead instead of just seeing a million red flashes per second.
    I couldn't agree more. Too bad my department policy doesn't let us simply use our arrow sticks.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
      I couldn't agree more. Too bad my department policy doesn't let us simply use our arrow sticks.
      Your department's policy is going to get someone seriously hurt some day.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
        Your department's policy is going to get someone seriously hurt some day.
        And they will wait until somebody gets killed before they change the policy. We have already had several rear end collisions including my brother getting hit a 50mph. Thank god the gas tank held on that CV.
        It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Here in Washington unless they are a LE or Fire department vehicle they are going to get a ticket.

Comment

I smell lawsuit

Security vehicles that look like cop cars and have red lights in them? Whatever reason you can think of either to deter crime, or make people think they are police cars is gonna jam you up. If I was the guy making the call on that one, I would suggest yellow lights.

Comment

Lights

I can't understand why they need red lights. Just use another type of light to not cause any misunderstandings because one day some clown is going to want to play police and pull someone over on a public street. I had a security guard pull me over to check my inspection sticker because he thought it was expired. He was using a blue light. I guess I don't have to tell you the rest of the story but it wasn't good for him. Last time playing police.
              Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

I have no IDEA why they need red lights, but I'll be nice and post the site that this company has: www.metroracine.com

If you notice from their website, they specifically state that they use unmarked police vehicles (in apperance) to make people think they're the police. They run reds, by pictures, both on accident scenes and on private property.

And the local police (Racine) seems to love the guys. I have no idea. None. Personally, we're using amber and white, with red to the rear, as normal non emergency vehicles do.
                N. A. Corbier
                Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
                Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

Originally posted by nacorbier
                  I have no IDEA why they need red lights, but I'll be nice and post the site that this company has: www.metroracine.com

If you notice from their website, they specifically state that they use unmarked police vehicles (in apperance) to make people think they're the police. They run reds, by pictures, both on accident scenes and on private property.

And the local police (Racine) seems to love the guys. I have no idea. None. Personally, we're using amber and white, with red to the rear, as normal non emergency vehicles do.
                  I agee. Amber/white is all a security company really needs. There may be RARE occasions where other colors would be more appropriate, such as at a nuclear facility.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5528 users online. 326 members and 5202 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X