Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question.

Hi,

Im new to the forums so Hello, I'm Raver .

I have being in the USMCR for about some time now, since may 05 to be more specific. I'm still a legal resident (greencard holder) and NOT a US Citizen. Is there anyway I can start my path to become an Officer? Can I attend the academy, etc etc? Will military serviec help you in any way(s)?

Thank you, Raver.

Any Dept. I know of requires its offs. to be U.S. citizens, so that would be your first step. Some P.D.s may allow dual citizenship, so you may want to inquire about that. Along with being a citizen, you'd be required to meet he same standards just like anyone else although if you speak another language you may actually have an advantage.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Try doing a search on this topic. I recall a thread that discussed this very thing a ways back. From what I recall there are a few states that do not require you to be a US citizen.
        It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Here are California's standards for peace officers:

California Citizenship Requirements
          California Government Code Section 1031(a) states that a peace officer shall be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.

California Government Code Section 1031.5 states that for an alien to be eligible for peace officer employment, he/she is subject to the following:

Any permanent resident alien who is employed as a peace officer shall diligently cooperate with the Immigration and Naturalization Service in the processing of his or her application for citizenship and shall be disqualified from holding that position if, three years after the filing of an application for employment, the person has not obtained citizenship due to failure to cooperate in the process of the application for citizenship.

Any permanent resident alien who is employed as a peace officer shall be disqualified from holding that position if his or her application for citizenship is denied.

Questions about immigration and peace officer citizenship requirements may be directed to the Standards and Evaluation Bureau at 916.227.4820.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6324 users online. 348 members and 5976 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X